Chapter 16

*Chase's POV*
Demi had bandaged most of my wounds. Marie and I were watching tv on the couch together. She didn't want to leave me alone since yesterday happened. Demi was making breakfast. It was eggs with cheese on top. I can eat this. Demi brought the plates over to us and Marie interlocked our fingers. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and started eating. I picked up the fork and stabbed a piece of the egg. I put it in my mouth. It was pretty good so I kept eating.

After half was eaten, I couldn't eat anymore. I looked at Demi and she nodded. I put the rest of the food in the garbage and sat on the couch. I felt myself gaining weight. I needed a release. The bus stopped at a gas station. I got out and went into the little store. I bought a pack of razors and went into the bathroom. I stepped on it and broke it. I lifted up my sleeve and cut. One, two, three....fifteen. I stopped the bleeding with toilet paper and stuck the blade in my shoe. I bent over the toilet and threw up breakfast. I fixed myself up and plastered on a fake smile. I headed out and went back onto the bus. Demi was waiting for me.
"Chase. Where'd you go?"
"Oh..I bought a keychain for Marie." I pulled out my keychain and gave it to her.
"Oh..okay.."

I was sitting on the couch with Marie when she moved a certain way and was laying on my fresh cuts. I gasped and winced. Demi noticed and grabbed my hand. She pulled me into the bathroom.

*Demi's POV*
I rolled up Chase's sleeve carefully and gasped. Fifteen deep cuts covered his arm. I looked at him and gave him a tight hug.
"Give me your blade."
"D-Demi.."
"Chase..I wanna help you. Whenever you feel the need to cut or purge tell me. We'll get through this together...I promise."
Just then Marie knocked.
"Guys..what's going on?"
"Nothing.." I said.
"Oh..."
Chase opened the door. He was crying. Marie gasped and engulfed him in a hug. She lifted his arm and kissed it. He smiled and hugged her back. Chase room out the blade and handed it to me. I went back in the gas station and threw it out. The tank was filled and off to New Jersey we go.

Thanks for reading!! c: