|Chapter Ten|

Previously in The Way He Lies: A new change to Demi's appearance puts Nick in a bad mood, making their night at Demi's staff party somewhat complicated.

"Wilmer..." I let out a sigh of relief as the man, that I somewhat didn't fear, knelt down in front of me. I looked into his dark eyes as my body shook with anxiety,

"Demi" He sighed, brushing my hair out of my face and placing it behind my ear as he lifted me from the cold floor. "What does he do to you?"

I shook my head, "Nothing, Wilmer"

Lie.

"Demi, what does he do to you?" He asked again,

"Nothing!" I snapped.

Lie.

Wilmer took a deep breath before taking a small step back from me, "If he is hurting you Demi, I can't just let him get away with it..."

I scoffed, "What would you care anyway? You're my boss!"

"Because I..."

I cut him off, "You what?" I asked,

"I don't know" Wilmer shook his head in defeat,

I calmed my voice, "Tell me" I said to the man, who looked extremely vulnerable in this moment, something I hadn't seen from him before.
My heart was beating so loudly, I was sure that the whole town could hear it. "Wilmer..."

I was cut off quickly.

The feeling made my body tingle, I was taken by surprise from this action but I didn't want it to stop. Although only lasting a split second, the kiss felt like it could have gone on for a life time.

"That's why seeing him even look at you the wrong way makes me want to pull you into my arms and take you away, if he is hurting you Demi, God... I don't even know what I would do" Wilmer told me, running his hand through his short hair as I stood there in awe.

The man made his way inside, clearly anxious and also confused at what had just happened. I didn't dream that, did I?

Oh lord, Nick. What was Nick going to think? I couldn't tell him.

I had never lied to him like this before, but now it just seemed that they were all building up against me.
Wilmer is my boss, but Nick thinks that Stephanie is my boss and Wilmer is just her husband, and now Wilmer has kissed me... Wilmer has kissed me and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it.

...

"I want you out of my house" Nick said through his teeth as he drove us home,

My stomach dropped, "What?"

"I want you out of my fucking house, Demetria!" Nick huffed, "I won't be able to stop if I have to see your face for the rest of the night"

I frowned in confusion, "What the fuck did I do?"

"You let them see your bruises. Why did you show them off? Do you want people to see? Do you want to leave me? Do you want me to go to jail? Fucking hell Demetria, I love you so much and I feel so betrayed by you tonight, I can't have you here. I'm too hurt, and if I have to see you all night I know I won't be able to stop hurting you until..." Nick took a breath. Until he would eventually kill me. "...I will punish you tomorrow, I just can't do it tonight. Go somewhere else, go to your Mom's house or something"

I wiped the tears that had fallen from my eyes, "Nick, please don't do this. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean for anyone to see. I love you, I love you so much, please don't do this, please don't make me leave" I begged as I felt my chest tighten.

"Shut the fuck up!" Nick elbowed me in the head as he pulled up our driveway, "It's just for tonight, stop overreacting and get out of my fucking car and off of my fucking property!"

Adrenalin surged through my body at that moment, "It's my car and it's our property you fucking asshole, you're lucky if I even come back in the morning!" I screamed while getting out of the car before slamming the door in his face.

Now... where the fuck do I go?