Chapter 6

~TOBIAS'S POV~

When I get to the class where I have to help the brainwashed, I see someone there that I wasn't expecting to see until tonight. She did say she wanted to maybe volunteer, but I didn't expect her to be here today. I didn't really want to see her any day. But, I guess there's nothing I can do.

"Hey Christina," I say walking over to her.

"Oh, hey Tobias," she says.

"I didn't think I would see you here," I say.

"Well, I've wanted to help out here for a while, and I thought, why not now?" I plaster on a fake smile on my face, and I give her a hug. I might as well try to be nice, and make sure not to show my feelings towards my father.

***

The session went pretty good. I made sure just not to make any eye contact with my dad, and Christina didn't even notice. She did sit next to me though, like really close, and it was a bit uncomfortable. No girl has sat that close to me since Tris.......

 She at times made comments that I know were purposly aimed at me. Just little things like "Well, just know that someone loves you", "We're all there for you, no matter what", and "Losing things are hard at times, but sometimes, to make yourself feel better, you need to replace it." She was droppping hints lke that the entire session. Just how she'd always be there for e and what not, but that doesn't really change anything to me. She could say that, but it does't mean that she will really do it.

I just try to forget, and go to get ready for my....date. I know I swore I'd never set foot in the city again, but tonight I am making a promise to Tris to get me better. I'm not going into the city, but on the outskirts. I'm taking her to "The Bean". It's a type of public art and it's been in Chicago for years. It's basically a really big sculpture in the shape of a bean, and it s also coated in like a mirror glossing. So, it's a big mirror bean.

It's nothing much, but no one has really found out the fun of it. If you bring a ladder, you can sit ontop of "The Bean" and you get the best vie of the night sky. I figured that out by going up there on night, after I was really stressed out. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, besides Tris that is. I remember I really wanted to bring Tris there for stress reliever after everything was over. Obviously, that didn't happen.

I quickly shake my head at the thought of Tris no longer being here. What am I talking about? Tris is just at the gym working out, to become a stronger person. She'll be back before I go to sleep. And I'm not actually going on a date with Christina toight, we're just going out as friends. I would never cheat on Tris, I love her too much-

What am I saying? She's dead, and I'm going out tonight with her bestfriend. It's been two years, and I'm going out with someone. I just honestly think that I'm not ready. I mean, I was 18 and Tris was my first real girlfriend. I'm 20 now, at least I think I am since I don't know my actualy birthday, and...I don't know.

I just decide to go get ready for tonight. I was sure to put on the most unflattering thing I could find. My very old sneakers, my extremely worn jeans, my black t-shirt, and then my black hoodie that smells really bad. No matter how many times I washed it, it would only smell good for a day, then it would smell like it usually did. It smells so bad, that everytime I'd wear it Tris would yell at me to take it off. Yet, I've caught her asleep in it before. I smile at that thought.

~Flashback~

I walk in her room to see her still asleep. As I get closer to her, I see that she's sleeping in that wretched hoodie that she hates so much, and that I've been looking for. I laugh a little to myself and go lay down next to her. She stirs a little and when she opens her eyes she about jumps out of her skin when she sees me.