Chapter 20 a revelation of Stef's past

"Who are you?" Stef asks the strange quiet man.

"I see you both don't recognize me controlling who's really controlling this empty shell." The man says in a familiar voice .

"Merik!" both Yami and Stef say surprised. Then Stef gets really mad and tries to walk over there a fist ready to punch, but Yami held her back.

"Yami let me at him. I'll get the info we need out of this creep." Stef says trying to break the grip.

"Stef be rational about these kinds of things." Yami says to her trying to be rational about the situation.

"Oh I'll be rational when I beat the guy who kidnapped me and ruined my life in the past." Stef says as she pulls on tighter but Yami wouldn't let go.

"Yes I seem to remember you where in middle school when we met." The man says in Merik's tone.

"You jerk we did meet. It was the day you almost got my powers and my first memories were erased." Stef yelled as she tugged harder.

"Yes that's quite right you a weakling that didn't know she had so much powers. I would have had it if you didn't discover your first powers. This whole thing wouldn't have happened you would have been happy where you belong." Merik says.

"You jerk I swear when we meet I'll duel you in the shadow realm and when I beat you you'll regret ever messing with me." Stef says as tears drop from her eyes and she stops tugging free.

Yami and Yugi always wanted to know why Stef moved away from where she came from maybe they can have the answers they desire but at what cost.

"Aw the brave and mighty girl has fallen." The man in Merik's voice says.

"Leave her alone Merik you destroyed her life. Just to get power." Yami says defending his crying friend.

"Alright why don't I tell you how here life was ruined?" Merik says taughting Stef. Stef looked up at Yami then looked away and was very frightened.

"Keep your story Stef we'll tell us when she's ready." Yami says angrily.

"Well that maybe never and this would change a whole new perspective of little Stef here." Merik replied pointing to Stef.

"What do you mean?" Yami asked.

"Well pharaoh when Stef discovered her powers some kids called her a freak then a few seconds later something exploded in front of them and almost hurt the kids." Merik explained, Stef was so shaken that she was shaking but then she got up and started to fly away but failed.

"Tsk tsk tsk why do you want to fly away? Don't you want your friends to know what you did?" Merik says as he tries to get in Stef's head and sense she was freaking out all she could do was cover her ears and close her eyes and looks at Yami and mouthed.

"Help." tears falling.

"Merik leave the girl out of this." Yami says running to see if Stef was ok.

"Why should I? If I destroy her a piece of you belongs to me." Merik says laughing. As he's henchmen he's controlling leaves.

"Stef he's gone your going to be alright." Yami says softly

"No I'm not he's going to ruin my life again." Stef says crying as she stares at Yami.

"No you won't your my friend and I'll make sure you won't move because of him." Yami says hugging Stef.

That hurt Stef a lot she wanted to hear she was something more but at the same time she's happy that she has someone defending her.

"Thank you Yami." Stef says drying her tears and smiles.

"Your welcome come on let's try to find our friends." As Yami gets up and hands Stef his hand. She nods and accepts it but when Yami pulled her up she fell on top of him and kissed him on accident.

Stef gets off him and both are red as strawberries. "Uh I see this is the second time we fell on each other." Stef says as she tries to cover the moment.

Yami does the same and says. "Yeah that's getting into quite a habit let's go find our friends."

"Good idea." Stef says as follows Yami who now turned to Yugi.

"I see this is going to be hard to keep it from the guys." Yugi says with a smirk.

"Yugi let's just go please. I've been through enough." Stef says walking away, Yugi follows.

"Aw come on I'm joking. I'm joking." Yugi tries to amend.

"I know but I'm not up for..." Stef starts.

"Look it's my favorite couple or is that Yugi?" Joey plays around as he puts his arm around Yugi and Stef. Stef gets really annoyed and hits him very hard with the frying pan and walked away.

"Ow that hurt!" Joey shouts at Stef.

"Good it's supposed to hurt look Joey leave me alone right now." Stef says

"Aw come on I'm just teasing your freaky ness." Joey says Stef stops walking away and looks back.

"Don't ever call me that Joseph Wheeler." Stef says with a harshness in her voice and tears in her eyes. And with that she runs away.

"Geesh what's wrong with her?" Joey asks Yugi.

"Joey you should lay off her for a few weeks or days right now she's very sensitive." Yugi explains.

"Why when I teased her she seemed she didn't mind at all. But she never called me by my full name before." Joey says

"You passed the line when you called her your freakiness." Yugi replies

"Oh did I well I better find her and say I'm sorry." Joey says looking very sorry.

"Hmhn let's go find her." Yugi says as he nods and follows Joey.