s e v e n

мαуα

Today we have a day to do whatever we want.

I really want to go to this park by the lake I saw yesterday. It looked so pretty.

I don't bother brushing my hair, as you do, and I skip down to breakfast.

I skip through the door and go and sit next to Ethan because he looks left out. Lol me.

"So you guys what are y'all doing today?" I ask excitedly.
"Sorry Maya you're too late, we've already talked about this, Jakob's going somewhere with Dani, Ethan is doing something with Caleb, I'm going on a little nature walk and Chris is going somewhere, no one cares so take your pick," Steph says out of breath.

"Meh, whatever." I just shrug and sink down into the couch. I guess today isn't my day.

I decide to go with Chris to see what he's up to because he seems to be the only one who listens to me, actually genuinely looks like he wants to be around me and we have good fun together. He's good looking and-

I think I like him.

I walk outside and wait for Chris, I told him i'd meet him at the sign.

"Hey Maya the papaya," Chris laughs. Oh man, his laugh.

"Hey Chris uh, Chris the, umm I don't know." I shrug and we burst out laughing.

"So, where are we going?" I ask as we walk along the endless looking track.

"We're going to this tree I found yesterday," He replies smiling at the ground.

"You're taking me to a tree!?" I sass "Nuh uh, i'm leaving. Bye felicia," I turn around to 'pretend to leave' but Chris grabs my wrist and turns me around so i'm facing him.
Our eyes meet and we both smile at each other. Well ain't this just painfully awkward... he moves closer to me and starts to shut his eyes. I have no clue what to do, there was no way that I was ready for my first kiss
"A tree! Sounds fun but my uh-" shit shit shit... "my foot. It um- hurts" the disappoint shows on Chris' face. Utterly hopeless I am.

"Um, are you ok?" Chris asks and I sit down on the ground, in the dirt and sigh,
"I'm scared Chris," I gulp and look down, "I'm getting these unexpected feelings I can't control, i've never felt like this before."
"Hey, it's ok. The same thing has been happening to me. Maya you are the most gorgeous, weird, unique person i've ever met." I blush.
"I don't know what to say," I admit
"Well then, don't say anything. Just trust me" he smiles before leaning in closer and closer.
"I'm sorry Chris." Back at it again with the awkwardness, damn Maya!
"It's fine... I'm the stupid one for thinking that you liked me back and maybe, just maybe that I had a chance with you" he stands up, obviously frustrated
"No, Chris- I like you too..."
"It's okay. I get it, you like me as a friend Maya. And that's all I'll ever be."
"I don't know how to kiss," I blurt out loudly, that was embarrassing. Chris turns around and smirks,
"I'll teach you," I raise an eyebrow and he walks up to me. He puts rests his hands gently on my cheeks and kisses me. I knew it, i'm a natural. Hey i'm a natural.

We look at eachother and laugh.
"You're a natural," says the man himself.
"Thanks Chris," I say,
"Thats ok, it's the truth." He says
"No I mean, thanks for not giving up on my awkward self." I smile and he smiles.
"Maya, will you do the honours of being my girlfriend?"
"I would love to Chris" I giggle as we stand in eachother's embrace, wow. When I woke up this morning I definitely did not think this would happen.
"Wait, Chris..."
"Yes Hun?" He smiles
"Are we going to... like go public?" I say awkwardly
"I don't know how they'll take it," Chris sighs.
"Well we can keep it private for as long as we want," I smile. We interlock our hands and keep walking along the dusty track.