t h i r t e e n

Maya

It's been three weeks since Dani's injuries and Ethan and Steph still aren't talking. Tonight Chris and I organised a fancy dinner with all of us at an italian restaurant.

I take a nice long shower to try and wash out the stress of tonights dinner. I get dressed into a pink halter neck dress with silver flats. I put my hair into a ponytail and add some silver earrings.

I go on my phone for a while until I hear the doorbell.

I run downstairs and open the door to see Chris. We hug and he walks in looking handsome with his suit on.

"I hope everyone gets along," I pause and look up at him he looks confused. "Meaning Steph and Ethan."

"What even happened between those two?" He asks

"Who knows... they've been acting distant"

"Well I'm sure they can sort it out over a bag of marshmallows" He says and I nod but I wasn't sure Chris was right, I've never seen Steph like this... ever.

Someone knocks on the door, "hey guys" Steph smiles. She's wearing a dark red, almost black off the shoulder dress and black lace up heels.

Behind her Jakob and Dani walk in hand in hand. Jakob is also wearing a suit and Dani is wearing a pretty above the knee black dress with nude heels and a nude clutch.

And last but not least Ethan walks in in a black suit, Chris calls for two taxis and while we wait we all talk. I sit on the couch next to Steph, "what happened between you two?"

"Me and who?"

"Ethan, you guys haven't been talking for almost two weeks"

"Nothing." She smiles happily

"Don't lie to us, I was there when Ethan walked out of the pizza place." Chris said raising an eyebrow.

"Can we not talk about it now can we wait until after dinner," Steph whines and get's into one of the taxis. I get into the taxi with Steph and Chris and Ethan, Jakob and Dani get in the other.

***

Chris and I walk into the restaurant hand in hand followed by the others. I go up the the lady and tell her about our booking and she leads us to our table and hands us menu's.

Steph

Well this is extremely awkward. Stuck at dinner with him. I flip through the menu trying to find the risotto section. Everyone else is engaged in conversation making everything just that little bit worse.

"You look really great tonight" Ethan whispers to me.

"Thanks, you look great too" I whisper back still not making eye contact with him

"I'm sorry... what I said to you at the pizza place was kinda harsh" darn right it was.

"I'm sorry too" I turn back to Maya, "I'm just going to the bathroom, if the waiter comes I'll have vegetarian risotto" I needed some fresh air for five minutes, so I walk to the front of the restaurant and take a breath.

I feel like Ethan and I are never going to go back to the way we were. Best friends. I knew this was happened. I knew that what I said the night at Chris' would ruin everything. But I said it anyway. I've lost my best friend.

How are we going to go to the way we were.

I take a deep breath, fix my dress and walk back inside and take a seat.

"We ordered for you," Maya said happily trying to boost the mood obviously sensing the awkwardness between Ethan and I.

I look accross the table to see Dani and Jakob in their own world and Chris and Maya holding hands under the table.

Part of me is jealous.

Jakob

"You ok?" I ask Dani as I see her eyes squint close.

"Yeah, I just have a little headache." She shrugs trying to change the subject.

"We can go if you want? I don't want you to be in pain." I tell her but she just shakes her head.

Our food arrives finally and it is so good. Lasagna is the meaning of life.

Dani got gnocchi, which is also one of my favourites and i'm going to have to steal some of hers. I'm such a pig. "Hey Maya's birthday is coming up in a week" Chris' eyes light up.

"You guys have to help me plan a party!" Maya squeals and claps

"Tomorrow at my house?" Ethan suggests. His basement is the best place to hang out, we all agree even Steph surprisingly.

Who knows what's going to happen. 

-----

Guys we're really liking these short chapters...