s i x t e e n

Maya's POV

It's my party tonight and we're waiting for the bell to go so we can leave this shit hole.

"Not long now," Chris says as he kisses me and looks back up at the clock. That's why he's my boyfriend.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"Finally OMG" I groan as I push past this Emily girl to get to my locker.

I grab my bag, grab Chris and then sprint out of there.

"Hey, what about us?" Steph sings.

"What about everything we've been through." Dani continues.

"What about trust." Jakob sings.

"Ok Jakob that was unnecessary" Ethan laughs patting him on the back. Lol Jakob looks s confused.

"Hurry up losers, we have a party to set up" I rolls my eyes literally dragging all five of them behind me. I am definitely the mother of the group, once we arrive at my house I begin setting out the plan,

"Chris, you're on drinks, Dani and Jake order pizzas  and Steph and Etho on snacks. And I'll blow up balloons" they all wander off like little minions

"Sounds good" Steph squeals clapping her hands,

A few hours later everything was coming together, the food, the drinks, the music and the balloons. All that was left to do now was get ready.

"Ok well I'm going to get dressed," Dani says and Steph nods also. I still don't know what I'm going to wear.

A few minutes later the girls come in all dressed up. Dani is wearing a white skirt and a black spaghetti strapped crop top, tucked in. With black heals and Steph is wearing a black skater dress, an oversized denim jacket and her favourite combat boots.

They both look so nice, unlike me who's probably going to wear tracksuit pants. I end up settling with black jeans and a blue top with black heals also.

We do our hair and makeup. Dani and Steph leave it down but straightened and I put it up in a high ponytail. We finish up by putting on some rings and necklaces and perfumes and go downstairs to meet the boys.

"Maya- you look great!" Chris smiles

"Anyone could look great after an hour in the bathroom, even Jakob!"

"Very funny Maya, you're lucky it's your birthday otherwise I would have got you back"

"I think Jakob looks amazing" Dani blushes, Jesus this girl is madly in love.

The doorbell rings, the start of all the commotion. I greet everyone and then head over to Chris. I glance over towards Steph and Ethan to see them laughing together which is so cute and of course Jakob and Dani are in their own world.

"Hey Hun." Chris smiles putting his arm around me. I smile back up at him and peck his lips and blush

Chris and I make our way towards Steph and Ethan grabbing some food in the process.

"I can't believe you're finally sixteen!" Steph squeals and hugs me. I'm the youngest of the group.

"I know, it's so weird," I laugh, "Ay Dani, Jakob get your asses over here." I yell earning looks. Jesus it's my party be grateful you were invited.

"Sup dudes." Jakob says. Did he really just say that.

"How's your night going?" Dani asks as happy as a kid on christmas. Her face is literally glowing with happiness.

"Yeah it's good thanks." I smile back.

Steph and I ditch everyone and head to the kitchen to get a drink.

"So whats going on with you and Ethan." I ask raising my eyebrow.

"Huh?" She looks at me cluelessly

"You, Ethan, chemistry?"

"Maya I dropped chemistry last year, remember I took up biology"

"Steph! This has nothing to do with school, is there anything going on with you and Ethan?" She looks up at me and nearly chokes on her raspberry lemonade

"Ew! No, gross. Why would you even think that!"

"Jeez I don't know- maybe the fact that you smile every time he's around and the way you play with your hair whenever he's talking to you"

"Are you okay?" She laughs holding her hand to my forehead to check my temperature "I can assure you that there is absolutely nothing between us, Ethan's not my type" she shrugs looking over at him, flashing a smile

"Ok yeah sure." I say and she just laughs. Jesus I can never get anything out of this girl. But it o obvious and it's just a matter of time until they can see it themselves. I'm honestly not even sure why they're just friends anymore.

Dani's POV

This is actually the best party ever. Maya and Steph come back and we talk about school and all that jazz.

"Do you wanna dance?" Jakob asks taking my hand and leading me to the dance floor.

"I don't think I really have a choice." I laugh but let him drag me there anyway.

We dance for a while and the others join in also. Bro I can see Ethan and Steph and they are not just friends.

"Did you see Brittany." Jakob snorts.

"No I actually haven't" I admit looking around.

"She looks like a tree." He rolls his eyes. He actually hates her.

"An uninvited tree at that" Maya says pissed off

"Don't start unnecessary trouble Maya, just ask her to leave without making a scene" Steph says trying to calm her down

"Maya! Happy birthday, sorry I'm late" Brittany says in that annoying voice of hers

"Get out of my house now Brittany before I do something that you will regret" Maya says underneath her breath

"I wasn't invited? Oops! An extra guest won't hurt I'm sure," Maya being the restless person she is snatches Stephs raspberry lemonade and pours it all over Brittany

"Oops!" Maya laughs followed by an applause from everyone around us, "you're lucky you can wash out lemonade stains but why's it impossible to wash out your attitude"

"I wouldn't have this attitude if it wasn't for that Dani bitch." Says you.

"I'm right here." I chime in waving.

"You had this attitude before she was here." Maya yells. Quel beast.

"You knew I liked you Jakob and what did you do, you rub it in my face and it's all thanks to you Dani. You bitch." She spits literally all over us.

"Woah, you're taking this way too far." Jakob Says trying to cool the situation.

"Well you know what Jakob, Dani is a slut bitch face, she's ugly and fat and stupid and gross why would you even want to date her anyway." Thats it I can't deal with this anymore. I can't hold it in I run and cry. I run into Maya's room and sit on her bed with my hands cupping my face catching my tears

This has gotten way out of hand

I hear footsteps and my head perks up. He didn't need to say anything, he just held me and somehow being in his arms was the safest feeling in the entire world.

Authors note:
hi loveliessss, this chapter wasn't great and was kinda short .... sorry... but we promise the next chapter will be realllll good :)