Chapter 2: Her Family

She was laying on the couch when Toby came home, trying to figure out the best way to tell him.

"Honey I'm home!" , he shouted throwing the door open.

"How many times have I told you not to do that?", she glared at him.

"Counting this time? 48" , he laughed as he walked over to her throwing his coat over the side of the couch. He bent down to kiss the top of her head before waking into their bedroom to change. Happy was sitting on the couch when her thoughts flooded her mind: she left the test on the sink. That was the first thing he would see upon entering the bathroom. She must have been so caught up in the moment that she forgot to move it! This isn't how she wanted for Toby to find out. Not good, she thought. Not good.

"Doc?", she called out trying not to sound too nervous.

"Yeah?" , he responded walking into the doorway wearing pajama pants.
"Uh nothing, forgot what I was gonna say" , she responded quickly without thinking. Toby looking a bit puzzled but thinking nothing about it turned back to walk into the room. Why would I say that?! She thought to herself, she knew that now he would find it and ruin any special surprise she had been planning in her head. She just keep glancing nervously towards their room waiting for any confused Doc to come wandering out. But he never did which calmed Happy down thinking that maybe he didn't go in the bathroom.

"Uh...Happy?", he called out of the bathroom sounding confused and frankly shocked.

"Yeah...", she said standing up to meet him at the doorway.

"I...uh...bathroom...counter...", he stuttered looking at her while she stood there nervously trying not to make eye contact.

"Uh yeah...well-", she was cut off by Toby.

"Hap, are you..." , he cut out motioning to her stomach speechless for words to say in the moment.

"Well..uh yeah"

"Hap", he said moving forward to hug her as she calmed down and softened into his arms. Sure it wasn't the
way she wanted to tell him, but hey he knew and seemed happy. He released her and dropped to floor being eye level with her still very flat stomach.

"Hi baby", he said in the softest way he could. Happy who couldn't help but let out a small smile looking down at her family.

Her family