Chapter Nine

Stay

Is it April fool's day today? This is the first time my heart pounded this fast. I felt something in my eyes. Tears about to come out, maybe.

"N-no! He can't. No!"

"Hey, hey, listen to me. I'm on my way there. Pack your things and wait for me, okay? You are not going home with your dad, I promise." He ended the call after that.

Holy stars, Aeviry, he doesn't deserve your tears. Don't let a freaking tear fall!

He will not get you again. Trev will get here first, he will. He promised you that so, he will.

I sighed before packing the things I needed quickly. I wore my bag and walked towards the door. I'm ready.

It's been a few minutes since Tyler called yet he's still not arriving. I looked at my cellphone to check what time was it.

"Holy stars, Tyler. Where are you?"

**

I tried calling his cell for the nth time and he's still not answering me back! Not even a single call was answered. I started to feel worried.

What if he got caught? What if my father saw Trev? What if he'll never be able to come and help me? Will I end up back to my father again?

I felt my tears falling. Harshly, I wiped my tears. Sunshine and rainbows, Aeviry. Really? You're crying because of your Dad? That's a new one.

I stood up and took a deep breath. Think about how much you don't want to be with your father, Aeviry. Think about it! I have to do something to escape but, what?

I've been walking back and forth, thinking deeply. Gosh, why doesn't an emergency exit exists here in my room? Or maybe there is. My Mom just forgot to tell me, or something.

I was stopped from drowning by my own thoughts when I heard a knock. A really loud knock coming from outside.

I froze. I made myself believe that I was just imagining things but, I heard it again. I heard the loud knock again. I covered my mouth to prevent sobbing loudly. I felt my knees being weak, making me sit on the floor.

Could it be my father who's knocking?No, please. Help me. Somebody, help me!

I gasped when I heard three claps, three stomps and a familiar voice shouting, "Hey!"

I was shocked when the door opened, "T-tyler?!"

I can't believe it! This is the first time that I felt joy when I saw his face. I couldn't help myself but to cry.

"Did you wait too long? Sorry about that--" He didn't finished what he was saying when I hugged him. I think he was shocked when I hugged him.

I have no idea why I did that. I just felt like I had to hug him. I burried my face in his chest as I continue crying. I felt his hand gently tapping my head. That's when I felt something weird. It was like his hand was owned by Zeus. I felt shivers, as if there were electric bolts in his hand.

"B-but... uh, I-I'm here now." He tried to chuckle and I knew it was fake.

He cupped my face and wiped my tears using his thumb. That was my cue.

I glared at him. I pushed him away from me, "W-what the heck?! Who gave you the authority to hug me?"

He laughed, "Technically, you were the one who--"

I cut him off, "Achuchuchu! It doesn't matter. What matters is, you're here! But," I hit his chest a few times, "I hate you! I thought you'll never come. I even thought it was my Dad who's knocking a while ago."