Chapter Fourteen

Revealed

I ran to the kitchen sink and washed my hands and mouth as I cried like a dumb child.

I've seen this scenario before, I'm sure of that.

My knees couldn't take it anymore. I sat on the cold floor and held my chest. Harshly, I wiped my tears away.

N-no, it can't be. It can't be that, right?

"Stop being dumb, Aeviry. Get up and fix yourself! I-its... its not the end of the world!" I harshly wiped my tears again.

I tried to calm down. I stood up and went to my room to searxh for something.

I searched where Dr. Elexis' clinic is and thank God he still hasn't moved. Without having any second thoughts, I stepped outside the house full of axienty.

**

I was staring at the door for too long. I feel anxious over something I don't know... yet.

My hands were shaking as I put them at the door knob. But suddenly, the door opened. A man appeared and looked at me.

"Dr. Elexis?"

"Yes, may I help you?" There was a smile in his face when he greeted me.

"D-doc." I couldn't do anything to stop my tears.

"Miss, is something wrong?"

I was shaking that I couldn't say a word.

"Come inside and sit. You need to calm yourself first." He said and lead the way inside his clinic.

"Here." He gave me a glass of water.

I gulped a few. He grabbed a chair and sat, we're facing each other. I wiped my tears, "I can see that you're calmed. Mind telling me what's wrong?"

I deeply sighed, "Do you remember your patient named Mendoza? Reign Merlin Mendoza?"

He smiled, "That's why you looked familiar when I saw you. It's nice to see you again, Areign. You've grown as a beautiful young lady. You look like your mother, a lot."

I smiled when he called me 'Areign'. My childhood memories flashedback when he called me 'Areign'.

He treated me like his daughter, I returned the favor by treating him like my Dad. He became a father to me when my own father didn't. He never left me. Especially when mom was in the hospital.

My childhood might be miserable or painful but, there are hints of happy memories. And I made sure that I remember the happy ones by recording them in my video journal.

So, yes, I was just a child when I started my video journal. My mom's idea.

"Do you still remember what happened to her?"

He sighed and smiled at me, as if he was re-calling what happened fifteen years ago, "Areign, I'm aging, so does my memory. But, I can still remember some details. Why?"

I bit my lower lip to prevent my tears from faling again. I looked down and closed my eyes.

I deeply sighed before facing him again, "Do you remember her coughing... b-blood?"

His smile faded, "Areign, you're not here to tell me that you..."

"I-is it possible, doc?"

"A-aeviry, it's not... maybe--"

"I know that you don't want me to worry but, please don't lie to me, doc. I can still remember, clearly, what happened fifteen years ago in this room."