Chapter Ten

A Hug To Ease The Pain

After opening the door, Tyler placed my bag at the edge of the bed.

While he was finding something in the cabinet, I took the chance to look at the room.

Hmm...?

"This looks, uh..." familiar, "Comfy!" I tried to unleash a fake laugh to lighten the awkward mood up.

Well, I feel awkward being here with him, again. This was the same room that day when he found me drunk. I found myself smiling like a freak.

"Are you sure that its okay for me to be here?" I opened up.

He stopped what he was doing and faced me with a confused look, "Do you want to sleep on the road? I'm guessing, no."

"Well, you're right." I shrugged my shoulder and sat on top of the bed. I brushed my hands through the soft bed sheet.

I frowned when he threw a blanket at me. Straight in my face! "Besides, it's not like you're living here forever. Just 'til you find a place to stay." I rolled my eyes at him.

I removed my shoes and sat comfortably in the bed. I sat there as if I was the owner of this house. My eyes followed him. I watched him as he put the blankets back inside.

I looked around and saw a picrure frame on top of the side table.

It was a little boy, two little girls and a a beautiful couple. I'm guessing that the little boy was five or six years old. Looks like, the girls were ten years old. I bet that little boy was Trev because of the thick eyebrows. So, he's not an only child. Wow.

Then I looked at his... parents?!

Carefully, I looked at the couple. Is this his parents? I looked at him-- stared at him rather then looked at the picture again. Is he adopted? His parents are good-looking! How on earth?

"Hmm? So you have this version of you not talking at all?" He asked.

"What if your parents get mad at me? You know, for staying here?"

He shook his head, "They're not here. They're busy on some business, I think."

I put the picture back at the table, "And your sisters?"

"Not here, too."

My eyebrows met, "Aunt? Uncle? Cousin? Relatives? Maid? Guard?" His answers are him, shaking his head.

"So, you live here all alone in this huge place?" I can't believe it!

This place is huge and only a freaking monkey lives here?

"Yup-- oh! I just remembered. I lived with someone. There are ghosts around. I have someone to talk to when I feel lonely."

"Oh-- g-ghosts?" Tightly, I held the blanket he threw at me.

"Yup." He stood up and closed the cabinet.

He seems serious but, I need to see his face first to see if he is, "H-here?"

He nodded, "Uh-huh." Simply, without making a sound, I lay down the ved.

There are ghosts in here? And he lives alone?

I bent my knees and hugged them as I hide my body under the blanket. He looks serious about the ghost thing.

"A-are you sure?" He nodded again.

"Really? Come on. Stop joking around. You're just messing with me, right?" He faced me and nodded.

"Do you love blankets that much?" His face turned red, he's just preventing his laugh.