Special Chapter (1)

Seven Truths in Seven Years (1)

My smile won't fade as I look at my daughter. She's so happy while playing with her toys.

We're currently at Tyler's house. The house didn't changed that much. Just this room.

Funny, though. This was the room when I woke up after drinking until I pass out, the room where I used to sleep when I ran away from home.

"Let me talk to her for a sec." Tyler said. I nodded and he went to Avi.

"Come." He led the way and I followed him. We went to his room. It wasn't too far from Avi's.

He sat on a couch so; I sat at the edge of his bed. Now we're facing each other. Rude, right?

It has been a few minutes since we've been here and neither Tyler nor I are talking. Maybe because we're "busy" on our own businesses? Well, I was bush looking at the picture frames on top of every table. Pictures of him and Avi.

I looked at him and he was already looking at me. And I just realized that now.

"She's amazing, huh?" He suddenly spoke when our eyes met.

I was flustered when he spoke that I even flinched on my seat! Gosh, I bounced on my freaking position because of that. I saw him holding his laugh by biting his lip.

Monkey never changed.

"Y-yeah. Yes, s-she is." I couldn't speak properly. I couldn't even look at him.

To remove the awkward atmosphere, a sudden topic came in my mind, "By the way... uh, how old is Teisha's--"

"How old?" He was holding his laugh. It was obvious!

Did I asked something funny?

Unintentionally, I gave him my bitch face, "She's freaking pregnant. Her tummy. How old is it?"

"Oh, its five-months old, Ave." He said, emphasizing the word "old".

Is he mocking me? Is something wrong about what I just asked him? I want to know how long Teisha's been pregnant and here he is, laughing at me.

"You know this isn't supposed to be our topic--"

I cut him off, "I'm trying, okay? I want to shrink from my seat because of guilt. And you're even staring at me as if you don't know that it makes me feel guiltier."

I tried reading his face. He's making fun of me inside his head. Gosh, Tyler. You might pass a gas if you keep holding your laugh. Tsk.

"I'm not used to it yet. Like you said, it was seven damn years, Tyler. I have a lot of explaining to do." I looked down as I speak.

Using my peripheral vision, I saw him leaned forward, "You don't have to force yourself. You can tell me everything whenever you're ready. Just don't take another seven years to prepare."

I'm ready to tell him everything. That's why I came back here in the first place. I just don't know how to start.

"Seven truths in seven years..."

* * * * *

"Tiffany?"

Ever since the whole cancer thing started, this was the first time that she visited me. I didn't even knew that she knows that I'm sick.

It's freaking awkward, holy stars. I'm having flashbacks of what I did to her at the mall!

Gosh, I think my face is freaking red right now. I want to hide!