Chapter Twenty-Five

Dream

When I saw her, sleeping in her crib, I felt weird-- I don't know how to describe what I felt actually. Maybe there are no words fit enough to describe what I am feeling right now.

All I know is that when I saw her, I felt a connection. A very strong bond. It was strong enough to make my tears escape from my eyes.

The woman grabbed a chair and sat near the crib. She fixed the baby's clothes because it was lifted up, letting its tummy to be exposed.

She looked at me. Maybe she noticed that I looked dumb standing at the doorway. I was too busy staring at the baby in the crib.

She waved her hands, a sign, telling me to come near the crib, "Tyler, say hello to--"

"My daughter?" It's not that I was assuming but it is pretty obvious that she is my daughter. Based on the picture that I saw. Aeviry was pregnant. That explains her tummy. And we... on her birthday we...

Ah, I don't want to remember what we did-- what happened. The thing is... I'm not that dumb!

"Yeah." She nodded and smiled at me.

I started to walk towards them. I sat on the other side of the crib. Now I got the chance to see her closely, clearly.

I examined each details on her face. The shape of her face, her nose, her hair color, the way her little lips curved. She's like a little version of Aeviry, my little Aeviry. No doubt, she is my daughter. She is our daughter.

Our little angel.

I looked down when I felt that I was about to cry again.

"Right, I just remembered. She's still unnamed. Mind if you do the honors?"

I got confused, "Huh? Why?"

I assume that she's two or three months old. Why doesn't she have a name yet?

"I never heard a thing about Aeviry after she gave birth. I wasn't by her side that time. The day before she gave birth she was... gone. One day I just received an address and I met your daughter. Same case as you, right?" She tried smiling but there was sadness on her face as she speak.

"Though we talked about baby names a few timed. She actually made a list."

I got blanker because of what I heard.

I don't understand! I failed to process what she said, "Gone? Impossible. How? It's impossible that she's gone one day, just like that. There's gotta be something."

Damn it, I need answers!

"I have questions. I'm still confused. I still don't understand a thing. What happened to her? How... how did this happened?"

She sighed before standing up. She took something on the drawer behind her.

"Here." She gave something to me.

Tapes.

Tapes with numbers in it. Numbers 1 to 10. What am I supposed to do with these? I want answers, not more questions!

"You want answers, right? I found those the day she left. There was a note for you. Those are Aeviry's video journal entries. You'll find answers there."

**

I've been here at Amanda's house. Amanda was the owner of this house, the one that took care of Aeviry and our daughter.