Chapter 10- Bet On It

Okay so...IM TOTALLY SUPER HAPPY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! YOU GOT ME TO 1000 READS! DO YOU KNOW HOW TOTALLY AWESOME YOU ARE! *FREAK OUT* THANKS A BUNCHES! And now for a very very important chapter:

Chapter 10

School was over. And against everything I was being made to ride home with Noah. For the project. And the fact that Mai wouldnt let me go anywhere else but with him. Evidently I need to 'face' him. So here I sat in his Daddy's expensive car.

           "No one knows-" He started but I cut him off by turning up the music in his car. He turned it back down obviously annoyed. I was pretty pissed after theatre class. I mean I CANNOT befriend NOAH even though I want that A more than anything right now.

        "About this understood?" I didnt answer him, I just turned the music up again. He turned it down one last time, giving me a long hard glare.

         "Are you going to listen, now?" he asked me. I rolled my eyes, wanting to turn the music up, but his ahnd covered the dial.

         "Well darn, I guess am. Since I couldnt stop hearing your irritating voice even if I wanted to!" I yelled at him in a hostile voice. He completely ignored me.

          As we pulled into his driveway I realized Id never been to his house before. It was kind of smallish. One story. Maybe three bedrooms. Well..it was small compared to my two story, 7 bedroom house. His mom came out, waving in an apron.

         "Noah!" she ran up and hugged him. If only my mom did that to Austin and I. It surprised me when e hugged back, he didnt seem liek the kind of person to do that.

        "Whose your pretty friend here?" she asks looking at me. Does she not know me? Does he not talk about how much he hates me at home? She didnt seem hostile towards me. So maybe he doesnt talk about me at home. Good.

          "This is...Ariana...James. Austin's little sister." He mumbles. I wondered why, but didnt have time to ask. Because the next thing I know Im wrapped in Mrs.Jensen's arms.

         "Its so nice to see Austin's sister! Hmm...the way Noah explained you was glasses over perfectly shaped blue eyes. Yes I think that was his sentence. And brown hair with a beautiful tint of red. And braces that didnt contrast with yuo at all. But yuo still managed to pull them off." I jaw dropped at what she said. No way NOAH JENSEN said those things about me.

          "And then he said you were a stupid, brat who got everythign she wanted." she told me in a more hostile voice. And here I thought Noah could be nice to me for once.

        "Um.. Ill just walk home then." I said, turning around. Noah grabbed my arm, turning me around.

"Project?" he said in that jerk voice again. Ugh! Does he honestly not have a nice bone in his body?? I jerked my arm away from him.

       "How about this. We can start the project AFTER you actually start trying to 'befriend' me." I smirked, figuring this would get him to leave me alone.

         "How about we make something of the project?" he suggest. I furrowed my eyebrows wondering what he was up to. He leaned against his car folding his arms, making his leather jacket a little tight around his arms.

       "Noah, this isnt some kind of story where I suddenly become 'pretty' and there's a bet involved. This isnt a story. Your a jerk. And Im the loser and no matter what that's how it will always be. Cant we just hurry up and get the project over with?" I begged him. He smirked, shaking his head. Do I ever win? I mean REALLY! Come ON!

        This day just cant end can it? All I wanted was for him not to have anything to make fun of me about! I dont want to be popular! I dont want to be Noah's 'friend'.

       "Trust me. You'll agree with this, Ariana." My automatic response is to glare at him. The last time he said that I wanted to punch him in the face.

           It was three summers ago and I was going to be going into eigth grade. my family, plus Noah, took a trip to the beach. As in my parents rented out a house next to it for a week. I was sitting by the beach, with Mai(Of course I brought her! I couldnt live with JUST my parents, brother, and Noah for a week with no way to see ONE of my friends!). Noah and Austin come up to us and say:"You guys wanna play a game?" ANd Main answered for us. "Sure." Noah saw my annoyed face and said: "Trust me, Ariana. You'll agree with this." The next thing I know they are both throwing sand at us.

         I was pretty pissed, I even picked up a crab and threw it at Noah. It cut him pretty bad. But at the moment I didnt even care what did or didnt hurt him. And now I was standing here, hearing him say the same thing. I could only think the worst was coming.

        "We have to pull off being friends. No arguing. No telling other people how terrible each other are. No telling ANYONE about THIS. Whoever blows the cover first, loses." My teeth are literally grinding against my teeth. He wasnt serious, was he? He wanted us to be fake friends?

          "Whats the prize?" I ask him. He takes a deep breath and get off his car. His leather jacket making a little squeaking noise.

        "You choose your prize first." he told me.

         "If I win...you have to quit being a player. Completely." I smile deviously. But then his smile turns devious to.

        "If I win, you have to quit being friends with both Mai and Alex." I heart dropped. H..he wanted me to give up the only people, besides Austin, that TRULY care about me? If I lost them Id have NOTHING. No one. Id be empty. I took a deep breath. I would pull this off. For them.

          "Fine." I agree. Did I really just turn my life into a story that people CONSTANTLY write about? Wait to go Ariana. Wait to freaking go