Chapter 18: The AfterMath

Hey guys! New chapter :D ! You all get to see how Ariana reacted now. It was really fun writing this, but pretty sad too. Anyways, thanks for voting and everything you guys! I love love love your comments!

Chapter 18 

Chattering is all I heard as I spaced away from reality. Alex. Liked. Me? Or still likes me? Since sixth grade? I took a deep breath, and it was then I noticed Alex was walking towards the stairs.

Mai and Macy both had a smirk on their faces. "Wow." I glared at Mai. "Good luck in life." I spat, walking away. I ran after Alex, wanting to know if he was okay. I didnt care if he had a crush on me, or if he liked me, or whatever. He was the friend that had been there for me for years.

"Alex!" I said, catching up with him. He didnt stop walking away, so I tried stopping him by putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Alex." I said again. He turned around. "What, Ariana?" he asked angrily. I looked at him, furrowing my eyebrows. "I wanted...to see if you were okay." I said, moving my hand back to my side.

"Yeah, Im great." he said sarcastically.

"There's no reason to hate me." I told him defensively. He looked down at me. "Ariana, I was just embarrassed in front of the whole school. Im angry no matter who Im talking to." he told me.

I sighed. "Liking me is embarrassing?" I took in what he said. "That's not what I meant." he said, grabbing my wrist as I tried to walk away.

"It's exactly what you meant! How could you, Alex Geller, be into me, Ariana James, the nerdy, loser! That's what you meant! You were always just like every other guy that made fun of me!" I said as my eye watered up.

"Ariana! That isnt what I meant at all! I mean my absolute best friend just found out Ive had a crush on her for three years!" he told me. He looked me in the eyes and I could tell he was being completely honest. "Its not so hard for someone to like you, Ariana. You just dont give them a chance." he added quietly, letting go of my wrist and walking away.

I took a deep breath. "Alex?" I called. He turned back around. "Yeah?" "You're my best friend. And Ive always seen you as my brother. You stuck up for me and no matter what people said about me yuo stayed my friend. But...I dont like you like that." I told him softly. He nodded.

"Yeah, I know." he said, walking again.

I sighed, leaning back on the wall. "Is everything okay?" I heard. I turned to look at the person that said it. It was Matt. I looked at him confused. "You arent going to ask me why Im such a homewrecker? How Im gonna learn from my dad?" she asked him. Matt shrugged. "Soemthing your dad does shouldnt reflect on who you are. I thought it was pretty terrible of Mai to do that." he told me.

I sighed. "The entire student body could care less about thinking like that." I said, sliding down to the ground. He sat next to me. "You should careless about what they think." he told me. I looked at him.

"Its hard when even my brother hates me." I said. He shook his head. "Your brother doesnt hate you. He's just upset you didnt tell him about it. That's all." he assured me. I raised an eyebrow. "When did you and my brother become 'BFFL's'?" I laughed.

"Since Macy and Mai decided to ruin Alex's life." he laughed with me. "Your brother just got done telling them off." he told me. "He did?" I asked, he nodded.

"He's a good brother, Ariana." he told me, standing up. "He's only watching out for you, but sometime he needs to know that you arent keeping things from him." he added. He looked behind him, down the hall. "Ive got to go." he gave me a small smile.

"Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks." I told him quietly.

"No problem, but Ariana?" I looked up at him as I stood up.

"Alex is right. It isnt too hard for someone to like you, you just need to give them the chance." he said softly, looking down. He looked up and gave me a small smile. "Ill talk to yuo later." he said, walking back towards the stairs. I nodded, feeling confused.