Chapter 16: Feels Like The End

Chapter 16

              We stopped at Mai's houe to pick her up. She sat in the back with me, laughing as she got in. "This trip will be AMAZING!" she told me, snapping her seatbelt on. I shrugged.

                  The rest of the trip went by as my brother drove around picking most of the people up. Mai and I just laughed and gigled about random things that only made sense to us. Thankfully, no one invited Macy. Or her friends. Austin parked in the driveway and I scurried out, grabbing my bags.

                 I unlocked the door and ran to the best room that had two beds. Mine and Mai's. The two beds were on either side of the room, a window behind both head boards. A closet across each bed, a bathroom on the side of the one on the left. On the side of each bed was a bedside table, and in the direct middle a small balcony.

              Mai came running up beside me, her luggage all tossed around her. SHe was out of breath. "HOW do you run so freaking fast, Ariana?" she asked, walking into the room and setting her stuff fown on the bed on the right.

            I chuckled. "Guess having a brother has nothing to do with it?" I raised an eyebrow. Mai turned around, glaring playfully. "I have a brother too." she told me defensively. We both burst into laughter. "I dont think he counts, Mai." I laughed.

            Mai looked at me, then nodded her head in agreement. I put all my stuff away, making the room cozy for the both of us. I turned to her. "Can I talk to you... about... something?" I asked her seriously.

           She plopped down on the bed next to me, looking at me with curiosity. "Sure, Mija." she said. I looked up at her. "I think...my dad and-" "Ariana!" Matt smiled, walking in. I gave Mai a look that said we'd finish later and stood up, giving Matt a friendly hug.

            Mai gave me a look, gesturing to our hug with her eyes. I rolled my eyes in response. "So glad you could come!" she told him happily. I gave her an appreciative smile.

            "FOOD!" I heard Noah and Austin yell together from downstairs. We ran down, fighting over the stairway, which was more amusing than you would think. There were about six people down the stairs before us, digging into the pizza like pigs.

            We all took a seat next to each other at the kitchen table, grabbingt he pizza we wanted. "Cheese, really?" I looked at Mai's plate. She chuckled, shrugging her shoulders and taking a greasy bite of the pizza. "Delicious!" she siad happily.

               I looked over at Matt's pizza. It had a few pepperonis on it. I hated just one thing on my pizza. I looked down at mine. It had mushrooms and chicken on it. I ate an entire piece with in two minutes, the same as Mai. Matt chuckled at us.

                A boy that I noticed was on the soccer team sat in front of us. I didnt know his name, but I'd seen him play.

                "Matt." he nodded at his fellow team mate. Matt played soccer, which Id learned the day he came to check if I was okay.

                   Matt nodded back to him.

                "Mai." he turned to my friend. I wodnered how he knew her. Our group, besides Matt now, wasnt exactly 'known'. He turned to face me with a slight smile.

           "Ariana." the pizza I held in my hand dropped onto the paper plate in front of me. Matt chuckled a bit, taking a bite of his own pizza.

              Mai had the same look on her face as I did, but she held her pizza where it was. In her mouth, between her teeth. The guy chuckled at our responses to his knowing our names.