Chapter 17: Backstabbing

Sorry I havent uploaded in a month! I promise this chapter is worth reading! What happens when Ariana's friend is mad at her? Read:)_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter 17

           Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. That was the only thing that could be heard in the room as the silence took over. I looked at the clock as it ticked and tocked. I wanted to cry, but I knew I wouldnt let myself. It had taken Mai only so little time to pack her things and leave me there alone.

           My life had fallen apart in the matter of two weeks. I stood up and walked into the bathroom, changing into my pajama's quickly. I walked out, and to my surprised Noah and Alex were standing there. Well, Alex was standing and Noah was laying on my bed, playing with his phone.

          "Hey, Ariana. Hows it?" Noah asked with a smirk, putting his phone in his jacket pocket. I just stared at him, not even bothering with a good come back. He could win the bet now. I had nothing to lose. But did I really want Noah to win just because I lost my best friends already? No. I wanted him to find out how it feels to be played.

             But was I going to show him that? No. I sighed, looking at Alex. Id missed him. But had I missed him enough to let him back? He'd been fooling around with the girl who has tried to make my life a living hell.

              "I wanted yuo two to talk." Noah said. It was then that I realized I was staring at Alex. Noah walked out of the room, but I walked out after him, closing the door.

            "Yuo could win. Right now. You've basically won. Why are you telling us to talk?" I asked him quietly so Alex couldnt hear. Noah shrugged, turning to face me.

            "Wouldnt be fair." was his excuse. "Tell him. About the bet." He added. I furrowed my eyebrows.

            "That was a rule. If I did that, yuo'd win." I told him. He shook his head.

              "Ill count it off. Dont worry about it. Look, I dont want to hurt you through this bet." he told me. I furrowed my eyebrows again. Wasnt this bet about trying to hurt me? Trying to take my friends away?

            "Okay." I murmured, walking back into the room. I stared at Alex for a moment as I sat on my bed.

            "I want to explain about Macy, Ariana." he said. A twinge of pain shot through my chest when he did call me Ana like he always used to. I nodded, motioning for him to continue.

              He took a deep breath. "A few months ago during the summer Macy told me she knew a secret. My secret. She told me if I didnt get you to see us kissing or flirting then she would tell everyone. And I didnt want that to happen because it would hurt you." he told me softly. I furrowed my eyebrows.

           "Hurt me?" I asked. "What was the secret?" I figured he would be able to tell me, since I was his best friend.

           "It'd be better if it was kept a secret, Ariana. I just want you to know that I never wanted to hurt you." he told me, his eyes looked sad. I nodded.

             "About Noah." I started. Alex shook his head, stopping me.

             "I overreacted." he said. "Im sorry."

             I sighed. "No let me explain. We made a bet. His prize if he won, was me to quit being friend with you and Mai. Mine? He had to quit being a player. The rules? I couldnt tell anyone. Anyone." I told him, hoping he wouldnt be mad.

            "So, you were just trying to keep me as a friend? And I got so mad at you!" he cried, feeling terrible. I could see it in his face. He was mortified.

               "You didnt know. Just like I didnt know." I said, standing up. He looked up at me and looked into my eyes. "I missed you." he told me, engulfing me in a hug.

               I wrapped my arms around him too. "I missed you to! Especially since Mai hates me now." I said, tears coming to my eyes. Alex sat down ont he bed and I sat next to him.

                  "She told me. Evidently you're the daughter of a manwhore." he said. "Those were the words right from her mouth." he told me. I nodded. I thought Mai was my friend, and now she's telling everyone.

                      I paled as I stood up. "Ill be right back." I told him as I walked out of the door and into the hall. I walked downstairs, where there were people talking, watching tv, eating,a dn playing games.

            There were only a few that glared at me, while others ignored me. I saw Mai talking to Josh, who looked at me for a moment. His face was disgusted, like he was looking at a skunk. I bit my lip, walking over to my brother.

            "Austin." I murmured. He looked away from the person he was talking to for a moment, before looking back. Was he angry, too? Wasnt he supposed to be on my side?

              "Austin." I said again, a bit louder. He looked up, turning to me.

              "What?" he said flatly, uninterested.

              "Can I talk to you?" I asked, tired of the act he was putting up.

                 "Im busy, why dont you go keep more homewrecking secrets from me?" he said angrily. I looked at Mai, who held a smirk as she listened to our conversation. I nodded, walking over to her.

              "I got it. This is how you want to play? You want to ruin everything for me?" I raised an eyebrow, tears threatening to escape.

              "You mean like you did for me? I was your friend when all yuo ahd was Alex. I could've been Macy's friend and I wouldnt have had to deal with being bullied." she said. It hurt. Was she pretending to be my friend this whole time?

                 "Yeah, maybe you should have been known as a wannabe slut instead. It would probably fit you more anyways." I glared at her, my teeth clenched.

                "At least she isnt a homewreck." Josh spat at me.

               "Just because of something my dad did doesnt mean I would do the same." I told him angrily. Mai laughed.

           "Please. You were raised by them." she said.

              "Barely! They were gone more than half my life! But yuo wouldnt know how that feels because you've had your parents around all yuor life! All I had was my brother, who now hates me!" I yelled at her, a tear slipping from my eye.

                "You made him hate you! You kept the secret, Ariana." she said. I saw Alex step beside me. "Im sorry I ever tried to be on Ariana's side Alex." she told him.

                  Alex shook his head. "Actually, Ariana and I are friends again." he said. Macy gasped, running over. She smirked at Alex. "Did yuo just say you were friends again?" Alex hesitantly nodded.

                  "You broke our deal." she said, smiling happily.

                 "Alex has a secret everyone." she said aloud to everyone in the room. "He's been in love with Ariana since they were twelve." I froze, my eyes widening.