Chapter 14: Only Guy That Cares

This probably isnt very long. But its out. Its sort of boring. Nothing big happens. But we all have to wait for the good. Dedicated to the person above for my new Cover which I absolutely love! Thank yew! Comment!

Chapter 14

              I stabbed at the peas on my plate, not looking up at any of my family. Okay, that was a lie. I occasionally looked up at my dad, to see him staring at me in a worried way. Did he suspect I knew? Maybe I was to quiet coming in, overheard him, didnt say anything.

                I slowly put the peas in my mouth, looking at him the whole time. He sighed, setting his fork down. He looked around the table, which was awkwardly quiet. My mom stared at me suspiciously. What was I supposed to do? This was between my dad, my mom, and Mai's mom.

                And Mai! What was I supposed to tell her? 'Hey, Mai, wanna go to the movies later? Oh by the way your mom and my dad are having an affair!' My dad cleared his throat as he looked at me.

                "Ariana, I need help picking some things up outside. Do you mind helping me?" he asked. I nodded and stood up, leaving my dinner on the table. I walked outside to the deck where our pool was.

                    My dad stood by the pool, arms crossed against his chest, and glare almost impossible to ignore. But I managed to. He looked angry, angrier than Id ever seen him before. Either it was anger, or worry.

                     "Ariana, did you over hear?" he asked in a calm voice. What was I supposed to tell him? That I knew he was cheating on my mom with my best friend's mom? It wasnt exactly the time of my life. I sighed.

                   "Nope, I didnt hear zip." I said, pretending I actually hadnt and hoping he'd catch on to what I was doing. He nodded, eyeing me.

                  "Nothing." he agreed. He walked back into the house, leaving me to pity myself. I walked over to a pole that was holding the sunroof up and simply banged my head against it. Austin walked out of the house, looking back at our dad confused.

                    "Whats up?" he asked, plopping down on the couch. I shrugged, sitting down next to him.

                      "Wish I knew." I grumbled. I laid my head in his lap, looking up at him. He looked down, shaking his head and laughing.

                     "What?" I asked, pushing his arm playfully. He just kept shaking his head.

                         "You look like a lost puppy." he burst out laughing. I opened my mouth, forming a big 'O'. I sat up and hit him.

                         "I do not!" he didnt answer, he just kept nodding. I glared at him, hitting him with a pillow. "I. Am. Not. A. Lost. Puppy." I said, hitting him every word I spoke.

                            "I didnt say you WERE one. I said you looked like one. Who knew my sister was so violent." he laughed, standing up. This was so not fair.

                        "Am not!" I whined. He laughed as he walked inside. I sighed as I took my phone out to text Mai. Maybe I should just tell her when we're at the beach house. When our parents are miles away instead of just one.

                         I stood up and walked inside, walking up to my room. I logged on to my computer. My IM from the other day was still up. Alex was on. Fun.

CaptanAl64

: Hey.

AJames96

: I said it was over. What do you not get?

CaptanAl64

: How you could throw away years of friendship over this.

AJames96

: You made out with the very girl that's made my life hell for five years. Thats how Alex.

CaptanAl64

: You dont know her like I do.

AJames96

: Then I dont know you how I thought I did.

AJames96 has logged off

                  I sighed, leaning back in my chair. I was sick of the surprises. Of everything not being in my control. Ever since I got my braces and glasses off my life has gona downhill. How did I let this happen?

                   Something pelted my window, making a thud. I furrowed my eyebrows standing up and walking over to it. I slid the door open to walk out onto my balcony. Something else bad happens. I get hit in the head with a rock.

                    "Ow!" I yelled as I grabbed a hold of the rail. I looked down to the ground, holding my hand to my head. Matt stood there with a smile.

                         "Matt?" I laughed. He waved at me. It was then that I noticed his truck parked outside my front door. I raised an eyebrow.

                       "What're you doing here? Throwing rocks at my window?" I asked, sliding under an opening in the rail. I jumped down, landing on him and knocking him to the ground on his back.

                           "Sorry! Sorry, so sorry!" I paniced, standing up. I held my hand out for him. He took it, smiling at me.

                         "Its cool. I just heard about your friend and my-" he stopped himself, making me furrow my eyebrows. I cocked my head to the side in a confusing manner.

                          "Macy. Your friend an Macy." he corrected himself. I nodded, thoughts going through my mind that were full of suspicion. I shrugged it off.

                             "Just wanted to see if you were cool." he told me.

                              "Im fine. Thanks." I said, smiling up at him. Besides my brother, Matt was the only guy that cares.