"Chapter 4" ✔

Brandon (Beta), Chandler (Gamma) and Lukas (Head Warrior) ^^^

Arthur's POV

It's been almost a week since Bethany arrived. And in that past week I was able to live life a little, away from my office, pack training, and other Alpha duties I had to fulfill. It was like the Moon Goddess knew I was starting to struggle especially with the added baggage of me longing for my mate. She knew that I needed some time to breathe, ease up the tension in my shoulders, and give me some kind of relief. And I was very thankful she answered my prayers. I don't know what could have happened to me if Bethany haven't decided to pay us a visit. Surely, I would've lost my mind. Or maybe worse.

Today, my little sister and I were both relaxing in the patio of this huge pack house. With refreshing drinks both in our hands and both of our bodies sprawled relaxingly on the lounge we had, I was surely feeling at peace.

"So Arty, what have you been up to when I was away?" Benny asked through her sunglasses and then took a sip of her drink.

I turned my gaze to her and smiled. "Nothing too eventful, actually. Just buried myself with pack duties and all those boring paperwork that doesn't seem to leave me the f*ck alone."

"Sounds fun." She replied with a chuckle. "And when are you going to learn to stop cussing?"

I pursed my mouth and gave her an apologizing smile. "Sorry. You know I'm always like this." I said. "It'll be hard on my side to adjust so please bare with me."

She sat up on her lounge seat and turned her attention to me. "Let's put it this way, what if your mate doesn't like cussing? Are you still going to keep that up or are willingly going to change?"

I knitted my eyebrows together in thought.

"You know I'll do anything for my mate, Benny. And if it means I had to train myself to stop being a potty mouth then I will gladly do it in a heart beat." I admitted without even a hint of hesitation.

She gave me a soft smile before she settled herself back on her seat.

"I will change myself for the better if it means I'll get to finally have the love of my life here with me." I spoke.

It may sound overly sappy but I wasn't lying one single bit. I meant everything I said and I will stand up to it. My mate is, and always will be my priority. My everything. My lifeline.

And I'd do what ever I can to make him happy. To do everything he wanted. Hell, I'd gladly be his slave if that's what it takes to make him happy. I'd be what ever he wants me to be.

Obviously, though he's not here with me yet, I already know how wrapped I am around his little finger.

"How is the search?" She spoke gently, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Knowing she's about to open a subject that is very sensitive to me, she decided to approach it as gentle as possible.

I took a sip on my drink before I voice my reply.

"Still no sign." I stated directly. "But I'm not loosing hope." I told her. Though the 'loosing hope' part, I wasn't even that sure if I believe it myself.

"You'll find him one day, Arty. I just know it. Or if not, then maybe it will be the other way around and he'll find you instead." She said with a smile.

I smiled back at her. Then slowly frowned after realizing what she had said.

"Him?" I asked.

She chuckled as she tilted her head slightly.