"Chapter 38" ✔️

Another picture of our sizzling hot Alpha is being served for research purposes. Hehe

This chapter is dedicated to Mrrogue for the continued support on my book. I really appreciate it.

Winter's POV

The sound of a hushed voice talking in the background was the reason I gained back my consciousness. But after realizing that the voices doesn't sound familiar at all, I decided to stay still and pretend I was still deeply sleeping. I forced my breathing to be as even as I could possibly muster.

Are these the people who live in this pack? I questioned in my head.

I quickly get my answer after I was able to catch their scents. These two with me aren't humans, they're werewolves like me, which obviously meant that I'm inside a pack land.

"How's he doing Doc?" A deep masculine voice suddenly spoke, and I fought hard not to shiver from the intensity of it.

Another person close to me let out a tired sigh as I heard a chair's foot scrape the ground.

"He's still out cold as you can see." A much older voice said.

"It's been two days since we found him and he still hasn't waken up." The guy with a deep masculine voice said.

Wait, hold on. Did he just say it's been two days that I've been in this pack?

With that thought, my heartbeat picked up a pace. The scenes from when Ash and I escaped replayed inside my head, making my heart ache at the thought that he was taken captive again. That I failed him.

An equipment next to me started to let out an obnoxiously loud noise, it could have been the heart rate sensor or something, alerting the people inside the room with me.

"Woah." The man with an older voice exclaimed as he immediately went to check what was happening.

"What's going on?" The other guy asked sounding a little panicked.

"His heart rate suddenly spiked up." The guy said, who I assumed is the doctor.

"What does that mean?" The other guy questioned as I felt a hand on my arm and a stethoscope on my chest.

"He's probably having a nightmare." The doctor spoke.

And with that, I felt someone shake me to wake up.

"Hey, wake up." The guy with an amazing deep voice said as he urged me to wake up, even though I was awake for a while now and was just pretending to still be asleep.

But I acted like I was just waking up anyway.

I slowly opened my eyes which immediately met with someone's gray ones, and I almost gasped at how beautiful they were.

"There you are." He said soothingly as he gave me a bright, beautiful smile.

And my goodness, he looked extremely breathtaking and gorgeous. Despite his humongous body size, he was oddly not intimidating to me. He looked like an oversized teddy bear. Warm and cuddly.

Wait. What am I thinking?

"Hey," He breathed out soothingly as he kept his intense gaze on me, that I couldn't look away. His eyes were just so captivating, it's really easy to get lost in them.

I blinked before I attempted to sit up, but was immediately stopped by the doctor.

"I think it's for the better that you stay on your back for a bit." The doctor said, whom I still don't know the name.