1

Brendon looked at his phone. The tweet read, "Dear Brendon,  we are sorry to hear about your recent breakup. But studies show that adoption can help single males to get over loneliness. Please reply if you are interested." This is it. This is the different path he was looking for. He quickly looked at where the adoption center was. Arnett, Ok. His band, Panic! At The Disco would be preforming in Oklahoma, so maybe he could convince the guys to stop by there. Brendon went back to the tweet and replied that he was interested and would like more info. He got another tweet almost instantly. It had a picture of a girl with blonde hair and caked on makeup. Underneath was a description.

"Chelsea. Age: 15. Loves: makeup, and her boyfriend. Dislikes: music. Makes A's in school." That would not do for Brendon. Singing was his life!

Another tweet popped up with another picture. This girl had brown hair and dangling earrings.  She had a beautiful necklace on.

"Brittany. Age: 14. Love: jewelry, music, and Swedish Fish.  Dislikes: doing work. Has A's and B's in school."

Brendon read over them. Both of them did not fit what he was looking for. He hesitantly asked if there were any more. He didn't want to sound rude. The Center replied with
"One but I doubt you'll like her. The other girls have said she hurts them."

He didn't care and asked to see her. Another picture came up of a girl with an emo looking haircut. This picture was not like the others, this was definitely not a school picture.

"Lydia.  Age: 13. Likes: Drawing,  music, and video games. Dislikes: people who don't sing songs or lyrics right.  She does not go to school, but rather takes her classes online." That explains why the other girls have school photos and she does not.

Now that is something Brendon could look into. He figured if it was a small enough place to ask if they had phones.  The Center said yes. Brendon asked for Lydia's phone number. The tweet came up as,

"You'll regret adopting her." With a phone number. He typed in the number and pressed call.

"Hello?" Came an answer.

"Is this Lydia?" Brendon asked. She replied with yes and who are you. "I'm not important. Tell me, how is everything at the Center?"

Lydia was hesitant, but answered. "Its blah. The girls hit me, but I get blamed. I guess the only good thing  is that I have a laptop, a phone, and capsules."

"What are capsules." Brendon felt kinda sorry for her. The place treats her like shit.

"They are tiny things that you press and they turn into something bigger. We all got a set of something for Christmas. Chelsea got a huge makeup set, Brittany got a bunch of jewelry. I got instruments." This peaked Brendon's interest.

"What kind of instruments can you play?" He asked as sighed.

"Piano, guitar, and I've started on acoustic guitar. It Is all kinda easy and kinda not." Brendon smiled. She seemed pretty talented. 

"What grades do you make?" Brendon asked. His voice cracked. He has to remember to not speak normally. She may recognize his voice. It was unlikely,  but not worth the risk.

"I take online classes because of all the drama at school. And A's and B's." Lydia said,  not noticing the grown mans voice. Brendon smiled again.  He wad going to adopt Lydia. He told Lydia he needed to leave and tweet to the Girls Home that he wished to adopt Lydia. He then said he would be around in a couple of weeks to pick her up.

*a couple weeks later plus Lydia's point of view*

"Are your things packed?" Miss Baker, the kinda mom to all of us asked. I said yes and went upstairs to finish my math. I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Lydia Smith. My mother died at birth and my dad didn't care, or just couldn't take care of me. I ended up here, at the Adoption Center. Today, a mystery person was supposed to come by and adopt me. I was extremely excited and nervous. The nervousness was soon overshadowed by rage. Chelsea walked in and looked at me.

"Why are YOU getting adopted?  You're nothing but a worthless piece of garbage. No one likes you, and I bet the guy will send you back as soon as he hears the kind of crap you listen to. I hope you die." Then she walks out. Chelsea is like this, but soon I won't have to deal with her shit.I get close to done with my math when Miss Baker calls for me.

"Lydia, your new father is here!" There is murmuring then Baker yelling again. "Sorry, your father's friend." I yell ask if I could finish my math. Miss Baker doesn't like me, but she would never hurt me in front of anyone. I quickly finish, put my laptop away and run downstairs. Before I get into the main area where they were, I straightened out my Panic! shirt. I walked into the hall to see....Dallon?!