12

As we got finished singing Bohemian Rhapsody, the boys started to head backstage. I look backstage and I see Tyler and Josh standing at the edge of the stage. 

"Okay, this concert isn't over just yet. Some of you may noticed that 21 Pilots did not sing Ride like it said on their line up. Tyler actually asked if Lydia would sing it for him, so that is why the boys are leaving and Lydia is not." I hear Brendon say. "Now, welcome back out,  21 Pilots!" Brendon finishes, running over to me.

"You'll be fine. You don't have to play anything, so just sing and have fun." Brendon says as he heads backstage. I watch as Tyler and Josh come out and get ready to play.

I go over to the mic and pick it up. I look back at Tyler and he nods a reassuring nod. I face forward as the music starts.

"I just want to stay in the sun where I find, I know it's hard sometimes. Pieces of peace in the sun's peace of mind, I know it's hard sometimes. Yeah I think about the end just way too much, but it's fun to fantasize, on my enemies I wouldn't wish who I was, but it's fun to fantasize."  I sang. Aiden and I sang this song a lot at the park on spring break. I loved it. 

I continued to sing the chorus and it got to the "fast" part. 

 "'I'd die for you,' that's easy to say. We have a list of people that we would take, a bullet for them, a bullet for you. A bullet for everybody in this room, but I don't seem to see many bullets coming through. See many bullets coming through. Metaphorically I'm the man, but literally I don't know what I'd do. 'I'd live for you' and that's hard to do. Even harder to say when you know it's not true. Even harder to write when you know that tonight, there were people back home who tried talking to you. But then you ignored them still. All these questions they're for real, like who would you live for? Who would you die for? And would you ever kill?"

We finished the song and Tyler and Josh came up to me, grabbed my hand, and bowed with me. 

"Thank you for coming out, and good night!" Josh yelled into the mic. We walked backstage and Brendon ran up to me, engulfing me in a hug. 

"I am a proud father." He says as he rests his head on my chin. "You did great." 

"Thanks dad." I say, hugging him back. 21 Pilots walk up to us.

"You think we could rent her? Tyler loses his voice a lot." Josh says jokingly. Brendon laughs and then gets a really serious look on his face. 

"No." Brendon says, giving a death glare to Josh. He keeps it up for about 5 seconds until he breaks down and starts laughing. 

"I'm ready for food, can we go?" Tyler says. Brendon nods and we all walk out of the stadium together. Tyler and Josh are ahead of me and Brendon, and Brendon points to their hands. Tyler and Josh were holding hands. I look up at Brendon, my eyes widening. He puts a finger over his lips, indicating to be quiet about it. We pass the bus and I get my phone. I get off and check the notifications on my phone. Two new text messages. I opened it up, and they were from Adele. There was also a picture attached.

Adele: YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU SING FOR PANIC! AT THE DISCO AND 21 PILOTS!!!!!!!!

Me: The 21 Pilots was a one time thing. I play guitar and backup vocals for Panic! I'm actually going to eat, ttyl.

Adele: WHEN YOU GET BACK I WANT AN EXPLANATION!

I laughed and headed off to get some food.