17

"You already know I was pretty experimental teen. But what you may not know is that Ryan and I dated." I gasped, I already knew, but I had to look surprised. "Yeah. We broke it off after almost a year. Nothing was that different between us, we were just like we always were. Friends. After about two months, I got a girlfriend. Carlene Jackson, and I loved her."

"Miss Jackson!" I say.

"Yup. And she would always be gone when I woke up. I kept us a secret, for her sake. Fans aren't exactly welcoming to a girlfriend. One day when I woke up, she was gone. I had to go to Ryan's house to discuss some new lyrics for our new album. When I got there, I noticed Carlene's car parked outside his house. When I got to the door, Ryan was shirtless and Carlene was buttoning up her shirt. He was kicked out of the band that very day. I also broke up with Carlene." Brendon looked at the clock. "I think I need to go get food for supper. Does chicken nuggets sound good?" I nodded. Brendon could be such a kid sometimes. "Okay, I should be back in an hour, traffic sucks." And with that, he left. 

I got out my phone and texted Ryan. 

Me: He left and should be back in an hour.

Ryan: Okay, I'll be over shortly.

I put my phone away and looked at my hand. What was I getting myself into?

About five minutes later, there was a knock at the door.

"Hello again. Thank you for texting me." He walked in and looked around. 

"Why did you get kicked out of Panic!?" I say, getting right to the point. That just made Ryan chuckle.

"Brendon caught Miss Jackson with me. He wouldn't listen to me when I told him that I didn't know she was with him." I looked at him. It made sense, Brendon did keep it a secret... "Now. The reason I'm here...I am trying to record a new album, and I have no place to do it. So I was wondering if I could do it here. I could pay you." 

"Um... I don't know where the studio is at." I say, looking down. Ryan smiles.

"That's okay. An hour wouldn't be enough to anything anyways. I just wanted to know if you were in. I may also need someone to help me with instruments, and Brendon did put you in Panic!." 

"Actually, I was only put in because Brendon couldn't play guitar and sing." I say and Ryan laughs.

"Sweetie, Brendon can play and sing. He has done it a million times." He says while looking at Brendon's piano. "Brendon just wanted you in the band." My eyes widened. "So, what about the offer. I have to be leaving soon."

"O-okay. Just as long as you pay me twenty dollars." 

"Just twenty?" Ryan says, looking at me.

"Plus you have to help me learn sheet music."  I say and stretch out my hand. He smiles and shakes it. 

"Okay then. Text me when Brendon is going to be gone for a long while, and I'll help and pay you. Now I must be off. Tell your dad I said hi!" Ryan headed out the door and into his car. He left, but not moments later, Brendon returned.

"Hey, kid."

"Yo. Adele says hi." I smiled and watched as Brendon went to the kitchen and cooked the food.