23

Before I knew it, it was time to go back to school. The talent show was to be held on Tuesday, meaning we had a day to prepare. 

When I got to school, I noticed a lot of people were talking. Adele told me it was just normal chatter about the show, but I thought it was more. 

"I'll catch up with you guys, I have to go to my locker." I say to my Adele, Jen, and Shyann. They nod and keep walking. I go and grab my book and start walking through the halls to go to class. I didn't get very far, as I was punched in the face. When I look up, there was a colored girl with black hair and blonde streaks.

"Why the fuck is everyone talking about you?" She yells in my face. I don't even know the girl, and she has the nerve to- another punch. "Speak bitch!" She yells some more. I wait for a teacher to come by and stop her, but they don't. They just keep walking. 

"I don't know, I'm new here! How should I know!" I finally say, bringing myself to my feet. She tries to punch me again, but I dodge. 

"Well quit being so God damn popular. I am the popular one here, not you." I dodge another one of her assaults. "Stop moving!" 

"Stop punching." I reply. She swings one more time before I jump back and she falls flat on her face. I grab my bag and haul ass to first hour, barely making it there before class starts. Mr. Stan has another announcement, he is just reading what everyone is going to be doing.

"Jen, Adele, Shyann, and Lydia singing." He says. "And, last but not least, Taylor will be singing, too." I look over to see people talking to the same girl that was *trying* to hit me. She catches me looking and walks over to me. 

"You're singing? I sing, so back off." She begins. 

"Um...okay? More than one person can sing." I say, she tries to hit me again, and I move.

"You won't be half as good as me. I'm singing Bohemian Rhapsody, I bet you uncultured emo fucks don't even know what that is. Well you're gonna lose." She finishes and walks back to her circle. Jen looks at me.

"She is really going to embarrass herself in front of a lot of people...wow." Jen says.

"What?" I look at her in confusion. 

"That girl, Taylor, thinks she is hot shit, and she has the voice of a demon. She could make your ears bleed with a low note." Shyann explains for Jen. Jen nods.

"Well. Let's hope she goes on before us." I say, glancing her way. 

"What are you planning, Lydia?" Adele looks at me like I'm the most suspicious person in the world. I just look at Jen.

"You finished learning?" I say, smiling. She smiles back.

"Yup. He even taught me the back up vocals." Jen says, her smile turning into a smirk. 

"Can you all come over today?" I ask them, they nod. I get out my phone. 

Me: Are you willing to teach us a different song?

Beebo: What song?

Me: Bohemian Rhapsody.

Beebo: I'll see what I can do.

Lets prove this girl wrong.