20

It was time to leave after school, and we were all sitting outside of the school waiting on Brendon. I noticed his car and told everyone that he was close. They nodded. He pulled up and we all got in. 

"Hey girls, how was school?" Brendon said, pulling out of the school and down the road.

"Good." We all said. 

"I know Lydia, but who are the rest of you?" he says, trying to be polite.

"Hi, I'm Jen *Car Honk*" 

"I'm Adele *Dog Bark*"

"I'm Shyann Smith." Everyone said their names. 

"Well hello, Jen, Adele, and Shyann. I'm Brendon Urie. Please to meet you girls." He smiled as we pulled into the driveway. "Alright, we're here!" We all got out and went inside.

"Do you want to go put your stuff in my room?" I says, jumping on the stairs.

"Yeah." They all say. We head upstairs and put their stuff down, then we went downstairs again. Brendon wasn't around, but the door to the pool was open. 

"I think he is in the studio..." I say, looking at the pool. 

"You have a studio outside?" Adele asked.

"Yup." I start walking to the studio. The rest follow. I open the door and find Brendon sitting there.

"You want to win the talent show?" He asks, looking at his bass guitar.

"Yeah, we even have a song picked out that we wanna sing. We wanna sing Heathens." Jen says, watching Brendon. 

"Sounds good. Who is gonna play what?" He looks over at us.

"Bass guitar." Adele says.

"Rhythm guitar." I says.

"Drums." Shyann says, eyeing Brendon's drum set.

"Sing." Jen finishes. 

"Alright, do you know how to play it or will we start from scratch?" He stands in front of us. 

Adele, Jen, and I nod. Shyann shakes her hand to indicate a little. 

"Okay. Three out of the four. Can you three practice in the living room while I teach Shyann the drums." He asks us. We nod and head out 

"Shyann is lucky." Adele says.

"He will probably work with all of us individually and then as a whole."  I say, trying to get her happy. 

"That'd be awesome." She says. I run upstairs and get my bass and rhythm guitar capsule. 

"Here." I hand the bass to Adele. She knows what to do and presses the button. 

"I forgot something." I run back upstairs and grab my gold microphone. Brendon got a new one, so I got his old one. I give it to Jen. 

"Whoa, a gold microphone." I nod and get out my guitar. "Okay, we don't have a key part of the song, so what are we gonna do?" Jen asks.

"Play without it, I guess...." Adele answers. I nod and get ready. 

We played through it and it sounded pretty good. Shyann came out and Brendon grabbed Adele to practice with her. I laughed when she mouthed 'help!' We ran though the song with Shyann and without bass. Then Adele came out and nabbed Jen.

We ran though it with all instruments and it didn't sound good. It sounds amazing. I was so ready to win the show. It was my turn to practice with Brendon, so I went in. 

"Okay, kid, show me what you got." He says and I play my part all the way through. 

"Put this finger here and you should be good." Brendon said with a smile. I smiled back and we both went into the living room. 

"Lydia, your phone has been going off. It is a message from a guy named Ryan." Adele said as I walk in. My heart drops.

"From who?" Brendon says, looking at me. 

"Ryan. He is my ex from Arnett." I nervously say. 

"Why is he still talking to you?" Adele says, getting an angry look on her face. 

"Adele, I need to talk to you." I say, I grab my phone and grab Adele, pulling her upstairs. When we got to my room, I closed the door. "That isn't my ex. That is Ryan Ross." her eyes widened. 

"Ryan Ross?!" She yells. I quickly quiet her. 

"Brendon doesn't know, and I need to keep it that way. He will kill me!" I look at my phone, relived that I brought it. 

Ryan: Gonna be out of town for a couple of days, so don't bother texting me.

Me: k. thanks.

"Why are you talking to Ryan Ross?" Adele whispers.

"He needs a place to finish his album. So he asked me if he could do it here. I said sure for twenty dollars and help with music. Brendon says he is bad, but he is really nice." 

"Okay. I'm not gonna be in it though." Adele smiles and heads back downstairs.

"Alright, girls, from the top!" Brendon says, completely forgetting the Ryan thing. I grabbed my guitar, and started to play.