24

It was the day of the Talent Show, and everyone was pumped. Brendon had practiced with us, and we had barely any trouble. Jen would be rhythm guitar, Adele was bass guitar, Shyann was drums, and I was piano. All of us could sing, but I was the only one that was soprano one. Adele and Shyann are soprano two, and Jen is alto. Jen and I are splitting the lead vocals due to her being lowest and me being highest. We would need to use each other effectively to have this song work, or at least that's what Brendon said. 

Classes zoomed by too fast. I found myself at home and getting ready for tonight. We all put on what we were gonna wear, and we all did our makeup. Ryan was even there to give Jen his eye makeup. I thought it was adorable. In fact, Dallon and Spencer were both here, and both helping their "instrument child" Dallon was helping Adele and Spencer was helping Shyann. Brendon was just sitting back, watching it all. I had played this song too many times for Brendon to think that I need help.

When I got dressed I smiled and reached under my bed, and pulled out eight pairs of ear plugs. Unnoticeable ones, too. I handed them out and the girls laughed. 

"What are these for, Lui?" Dallon says, looking at my confusingly. 

"Whenever you hear that a girl named Taylor is going on stage, put them in." I simply reply. Brendon looks at his watch.

"Okay, kids, it's time to go." Brendon says, heading downstairs and outside. We all grab my capsules and I grab my golden mic. We follow the boys and to the car.

We got there and it was chaos. And it was extremely chilly. (you get a cookie and hug if you get it) We looked around at everyone rehearsing. The girls and I sat down and tuned the instuments, while the boys went out and found seats. I was too ready for this.

It came time for Taylor to go up. I put in my ear plugs, like the rest of my friends. We were ready for her to sing. And, boy, did she suck. Bad. Really bad. So bad, that in the middle, people started booing at her.

"You are all uncultured! You wouldn't know good singing if it hit you in the head and said 'hi I'm good singing!'"  She began to yell. It was so bad that the principle had to walk her off. We were taken onto stage and it felt good to be back.

"Hey, everyone. This is how to sing Bohemian Rhapsody correctly." I speak into the mic. Jen, Adele, Shyann and I begin to play. I sing into my mic and scan the area. There was a place to do a back flip, and I was gonna do it. 

We sang the high part great, and that'd were I let myself loose. I let my stage side come out. I went crazy. I did a back flip like I wanted to, too. Then the song was over, as well as the show. Everyone cheered, Brendon even shouted "That's my daughter!". 

"Okay, now to announce the winners. Third place is Jamie and her gymnastics! Second is Shyann, Adele, Jen, and Lydia!" Ms. Ford says. We went back onstage to receive our award. "That doesn't seem right. I am almost sure we all voted you guys as first." Ms. Ford says, pointing to us. Taylor walks onstage.

"Oh no, the paper is right. I won. Where is my trophy?" Taylor looks around.

"No where. You didn't win." Ms. Ford concludes. She hands us the first place trophy instead of the second place one. "Taylor Woods. You are disqualified. Jamie is in second place. There will be no third. That concludes this talent show." 

We head back out to and find the boys.

"I'm so proud of you guys! How about we go get some ice cream?" Brendon says and we all agree. We head out to the ice cream parlor. I can't wait to see what the summer has to offer. 

__________________________

this is the end of book one! A sequel should be up soon. I hope you all enjoy and buh-bye!