5

Brendon was helping me learn the cords to Emperor's New Clothes. It doesn't seem that hard, but I keep messing up.

"This cord,  not that one." Brendon said, moving my fingers to the right cord. I'm trying my best, but Brendon gets a little sassy when he is in music mode. I finally strike the right cords to end the song. Then I do it three more times to make sure I have it down. "There you go kid. Now before we leave to go to the stadium, I'll have you run through it one last time. That sound okay?" I nod and he smiles. "Okay then. Death of a Bachelor. Could you do a duet with me on it?" I couldn't sing Death of a Bachelor, my voice doesn't go that low.

"I couldn't sing it in the past...I don't think my voice can go that deep." I say looking down.

"I think you can....will you at least try...for me?" Brendon asks, looking at me. I nod. "Try to do this before, it kinda makes your voice go deeper." He showed me the vocal warm-up and I did it. "Now try."

"Do I look lonely" my voice got close but didn't reach it. Brendon looked at me and said keep going. "I see the shadows on my face" I hit that note and Brendon smiled. "People have told me I don't look the saaammee." I was hitting all the notes I couldn't hit before! "Maybe I lost weight, I'm playing hookie. With the best of the best, put my heart on my chest, so that you can see it too" I sang the rest of the song, there was only two noted I couldn't hit. Brendon clapped when I finished.

"See, I knew you could do it. So will you sing with me?" He asked while clapping.

"Sure, why not!" I say. I'm mentally fangirling.

"What are you going to wear on stage?" Brendon asked after a couple of minutes.

"Maybe a big shirt that goes off one shoulder,  ripped skinny jeans, combat boots, and my hair in a messy bun? Then I could just do a little makeup." I answer his question.

"Sounds good to me, girly." 

*Time skip to 26 minutes before Panic! needs to leave* 

"Okay, Lydia, play Emperor's New Clothes." Brendon asks. He was wearing his sparkly suit. He looked nice in it. Dallon had on a white shirt and black jeans. Dan was wearing a black shirt with the word "Danisaur" on it and blue jeans. I was wearing what I said. I grab my guitar capsule and press the button. My red and blue electric guitar popped out. I put my hands on the cords and played through it twice with no mistakes. "Okay, now sing Death of a Bachelor." I sang through it once, still not able to hit the same notes. Dallon looked surprised.

"Are you sure she isn't your biological Brendon? She has a vocal range like you. You should try to get her to sing Bohemian Rhapsody." Dallon said to Brendon after I finished. 

"Lydia, do you know that song?" Brendon questioned me. It was a pretty old song, but I love it.

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide. No escape from reality. Open your eyes. Look up to the skies and see. I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy. Because I'm easy come, easy go, A little high, little low. Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me." I sang. 

"I'm gonna take that as a yes." Brendon spoke. "Would you want to sing it next stop?"

"Sure, I love that song." I smiled and Brendon smiled back. He looked at his watch.

"Okay, we need to start heading over there." Brendon said as Dan and Kenny walked it. Although Kenny couldn't play, he was still going to watch. I put my guitar back into it's capsule with the click of a button. As we started to leave and walk to the stadium, I thought of all the songs I was going to be in, and the ones I would get to watch.

1. I Write Sins Not Tragedies, watch. (I'm to play piano next time)

2. This is Gospel, watch.

  3. Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time, guitar.  

4. Miss Jackson, sing and guitar.

5. Emperor's New Clothes, guitar.

6. Death Of A Bachelor, sing.

7. Crazy=Genius, guitar and sing.

*time skip to backstage*

Things were hectic back here. The boys were running around screaming and messing with their instruments. Brendon came over with his 'I have an idea!' look. 

"Can you sing Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time?" He asks. I nod.

"In a higher pitch, but yes." Brendon's eyes light up.

"Okay, you won't play guitar for that. When I sing 'I am not as think as you drunk I am' then the lights will go out and we switch places, both singing 'We all fell down when the sun came up'. I'll be backstage and you can sing the rest of it.  It can kinda be like the music video. I think the fans will love it." He explains. "Dallon can play the guitar for you." 

"That sounds awesome!" I say and Brendon laughs.

"I'm glad you like the idea." He smiles. A man runs over to Brendon a small thing and looks at me, he speaks.

"I'm sorry, miss, fans are not allowed back here." 

"Jared, this is my daughter. She is playing guitar for Kenny." Brendon explains. I see the one named Jared look embarrassed. He handed me an earpiece. I put it in my ear and smile at Brendon. He smiles back. I hear someone yell "Five minutes!" and Brendon, Dallon, and Dan huddle up. Dallon starts to say something, but Brendon turns around and pulls me into the huddle. 

"Alright, let's do this!" Dallon yelled. Brendon and Dan shouts 'Yeah!', Brendon's being a higher pitch. Brendon looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows, making me laugh. There is another yell and Brendon kiss my head.

"We gotta go. You'll do great, okay! Just remember everything, you will be fine." And with that, Brendon was out on the stage, getting the concert started.