It's Settled ¿

A week had passed. Gotham City was actually acting normal for once.

James Gordon sat near the rooftop of the GCPD administration building. He smoked a cigar in his mouth, and the chilly wind made his gloved hands freeze. "Where are you?" Gordon wondered to himself. 

He checked his watch, as it was dark enough for the Batman to arrive on-time. Suddenly, Gordon heard a sound of footsteps. 

He swirled around and saw...the Batman standing before him. His Batsuit was more advanced, with major adjustments adding to the black costume. 'What do you want from me, Commissioner?" Batman asked in a more hoarse and rougher tone of voice.

"The GCPD tracked down a gang of surviving Black Mask thugs. They still pledge allegiance to the old bastard. They're down east of Gotham," explained Gordon.

Batman nodded. Before departing, he then noticed Gordon was standing next to a distress signal device. "Was that recently installed?" asked Batman. 

"Oh, this?" asked Gordon. He patted the distress signal device. "What's the signal for?" demanded Batman. "For you," Gordon quickly replied.

Gordon then suddenly turned the lever on the distress signal device, revealing a modified searchlight. The modified searchlight shot out into the peaceful night sky, illuminating a perfect Batsignal. Gordon and Batman admired the Batsignal.

Before Batman could officially leave, Gordon again stopped him. "Found this in my mailbox downstairs in the GCPD. Thought you might want to take a look at it," said Gordon.

He handed Batman a card, containing a vague and oddly mysterious riddle. Examining the riddle, Batman replied, "I'll look into it".

Gordon turned to look at the Batsignal one last time, and turned to talk to Batman. But Batman had already disappeared, off to his next heroic task. 

To be continued...