Well Let's Talk

It's been a week and a few days since I messed up everything with Jace. I think not being around him made me like him more because I just miss him a lot now. It sucks really because we're in the same house and I still feel like I'm all alone. I kept reminding myself that he's just my babysitter but that stopped working after a while. I finally get up out of my room. Jace is leaving in 2 days and I don't want things to end badly. I walk up to his room and knock on his door. 

"Come in." He says and I open the door. He's on his bed, watching something on his phone. 

"What's up?" He asks as if nothing is wrong. I hate that he's being like this. But I hate myself even more for asking him to be like this. 

"Jace, I'm sorry. I was wrong, really wrong. It doesn't matter if you're my babysitter or not. We were friends and that comes first. I'm sorry for ruining that." I say and he just looks at me. He sits up and pats a spot on his bed. I sit down and face him.

"No I get it, you were right. I was acting inappropriately. I was being overly flirtatious. I mean we like just met and I had kissed your neck and got you to kiss my forehead.  I'm usually not like that. Wanna start over?" Jace asks me with a smile. This is my chance, this is what I wanted.

"No." I say and Jace's face falls. 

"I want to pick up right where we left off. I didn't say I didn't like the flirting. Maybe you should turn it down or maybe you should kick it up. But I will say this, if in the midst of all this I start to like you I'm sorry." I say and Jace shakes his head.

"Don't be, you should never be sorry for liking someone. You should only feel sorry for not telling someone you like them because you never know what could happen." Jace says. I nod my head. I start to get up but I'm dragged back down onto the bed and pulled into a hug.

"Oh princess I missed you." Jace says and I just laugh. He lets me go and lays down with his head on his pillow.

"Wanna go finish watching tv?" I ask him.

"Hell yeah." He says and he gets up. We go downstairs and start up our show again. Once we're downstairs though, it occurs to me that I haven't spoken to any of Jace's friends in a while.

"Jace?" I say and he turns to look at me.

"How are your friends doing?" I ask him. He just plops down on the couch and I plop next to him. Instantly he lays his head in my lap,and turns so he's on his stomach.

"They're good. We're going to take the girls to see the house this week. I'm sorry we didn't get to do much. We kinda had that misunderstanding and I kept my distance, I thought it's what you wanted." Jace apologizes I think.

"It's fine. It's not what I wanted so I can't be mad at you. I can only be mad at me for ruining things." I say and before Jace protests I put my finger on his lips and shush him.

"I'm gonna start the show, don't speak." I say and then I grab the remote and we continue to watch DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

I wake up with a start. I don't even remember falling asleep. The tv is paused and Jace isn't in the living room. I get up and walk to the kitchen. No one is here. I start to walk around but he's not even downstairs. Where is this boy? I start to get a little anxious but then I figure, he must be upstairs right? Sure. I run upstairs and of course I find Jace in my room.

"Jace." I breathe out and Jace stops what he's doing.

"What are you doing?" I ask him and he turns around.

"I was looking for your phone, I wanted to take some pics and post them on your snap." Jace admits sheepishly. He rubs the back of his neck and then walks to my doorway. He looks down right at me and I look up at him.