Please

"Thomas Kuc!" I yell and take myself down the steps to the kitchen which is where I find Thomas with a cookie in his mouth, crumbs on his lips and 3 cookies in both hands. His eyes are wide and fearful. I immediately burst out with laughter and he resumes munching.

"You actually want me to talk to Jace?" I ask him and he makes a weird noise. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What?" I ask. He holds up a finger and then swallows. 

"Yes but only because I know how much he cares. He comes to my house everyday and asks me if I think you'd talk to him. He used to come over asking to see pics of you and I'd show him but then I just got tired of it and gave him my snap. The guy is a heartbroken sack of bones. I know exactly what he's going through." Thomas says solemnly then stuffs a whole cookie in his mouth causing me to look at him like 'really?'. He just shrugs his shoulders and keeps eating cookies.

"I hope you choke." I say and he nearly laughs.

"Thomas you saw how he treated me that night. He's the one who told me we should go our separate ways and now this stupid project is trying to get us back together." I say exasperatedly. I huff and stomp my foot. I can't believe this.

"But you're still gonna go." Thomas says.

"Who says ?" I challenge him.

"Riele, I know you better than you think. You didn't just like this kid, you were in the midst of falling in love with him. You were right on the edge of the cliff, you just took some steps back because he hurt you. You were so ready to fall with nothing but your heels keeping you grounded. Besides if you wanted to decline you would have done so already." Thomas says leaving me shocked. I regain my composure.

"How do you know I haven't emailed the school already and declined?" I inquire. 

"We wouldn't be talking about it right now. Just go to the thing and talk to Jace. I'm not saying marry him, pick up where you left off and I don't mean punch him again." Thomas says and sends me a little glare. I just smile cheekily at him.

"I'll go pack the thing is in like 2 weeks. I'll have to tell my mom." I say turning to head back upstairs.

"I already told her, it works out nicely because she had another business trip scheduled then." He says and I turn around. I lunge at him and just snatch the cookie jar away from him. I dash upstairs right as he yells my name. I laugh and just jump on my bed.

"That was not nice." He says once he's upstairs.

"Hey wait, how'd you meet this new love interest of yours?" I ask Thomas as I hold out the cookie jar for him to come and take. Once he's got it he sits on my bed.

"She was my match for the same project thing. I just did a little research and got in contact with her. I can't wait to spend more time with her. Dude, let's go on a double date." Thomas says. I just about smack him.

"Hell no." I say abruptly.

"Why noottt?" He whines out.

"Because double dates always get competitive." I say and he groans.

"Not if everyone is friends and are all genuinely happy for the other." Thomas points out. I just swat his finger out my face. He pouts. I take his finger and kiss it. He smiles and goes back to his cookies. 

"What are you the damn cookie monster?" I ask him and he nods.

"Hell yeah." He says proudly.

"Mommy! Thomas is eating all the cookies!" I yell and Thomas goes rigid.

"Thomas ! You better get us some more damn cookies !" She yells.

"Yes Mother!" He yells. I just laugh because I know he's slightly afraid of my mom.