Well Fuck (Part 2)

I wake up to a dark sky. The stars are shining and I don't hear anyone at all. Wait, wasn't it light when I was running? I immediately sit up but my leg hurts and I curse. I rub my leg again and it actually feels slightly better. I feel my pockets for my phone. I pull it out to see I've got a ton of missed calls from everyone and only 1 from Jace. Wow. I unlock my phone and get nonstop text notifications across my screen. I just open my messages to see I have 15 from Sean, 20 from Jack and Kira, 30 from Owen, Maeve and Jade combined, 3 from my mom and unsurprisingly only 1 text yet again from Jace. I just open everyone's texts and let them know I'm fine and on my way to the house now. I don't even bother answering Jace's. I get up but find out very quickly that I cannot walk, I'll have to limp home. I try taking a step but the pain shoots right up my spine and causes a slight headache. I just sit back down on the grass. I quickly call up Sean. He answers immediately.

"Riele, oh my gosh. I was just about to text you back. Are you okay? Do you need something? Where are you?" Sean says hurriedly. I hear numerous voices in the back and everyone is saying something along the lines of "Where is she?" and "Jace get up!". I roll my eyes.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP SO I CAN HEAR HER!" Sean yells and it goes silent.

"I'm fine just um my leg hurts really bad. I'm at the park, can someone come get me?" I ask timidly. 

"Of course hun." Jade says. I smile.

"Jace get your ass up! Go get Riele!" I hear Maeve yell at him.

"Alright damn! Sydney you coming?" I hear in the background. Is this guy fucking serious? 

"You know what guys, I think I'll manage." I say curtly and I hang up. I just turn around and I sigh. I turn my notifications off and block all calls and texts from coming through. I crawl to the swings which actually isn't too far from me. I get into a swing and just swing myself with one leg. This guy doesn't even care that I could've died and yet I like him. Yeah that just won't be. Soon I feel a presence behind me. 

"Hey there little lady, are you okay?" I hear someone say and I turn to see a guy around my age.

"I'm fine." I say and he sits down next to me.

"You don't look okay, my name is Thomas. Can I help you in anyway? I promise I won't hurt you or rape you, I have a girlfriend well I had a girlfriend. She left me so I'm pretty hurt myself." The guys says in a really sad and sincere tone. I look at him and he looks spaced out.

"Thomas." I say and he looks at me. He smiles.

"That's me." He says and I just take a big gulp.

"Can you help me get home?" I ask and he nods. He moves to my swing as I come to a rest. He bends down in front of me and I get on his back.

"Where do you live?" He asks. I take out my phone and show him the address.

"Hey, I live in that neighborhood. I'm right across the street actually." He says.

"Ha cool, I'll remember that. Thank you and all but do you mind if we just stay silent?" I ask him.

"No problem little lady." He says and just like that he starts the trek home. Halfway through walking a familiar car comes into view. The car does a U-turn and tries to stop next to us. Thomas takes off.

"Thomas! It's okay! I know the driver!" I yell and he stops. 

"oh okay, sorry little lady." He says sheepishly and we share a laugh. He lets me down but then he holds me up by putting my arm around his shoulders. We stand side by side and Jace's car stops. He gets out and I notice he's alone.

"Who's this?" Jace asks.

"Thomas, I just met him." I say and Jace scolds me.

"You can't just trust every guy you meet Riele." Jace says condescendingly.