"Oh"

I woke up the next morning confused. I turn around to see Lizzy and Jace on the other side of her. Lizzy is drooling a little and Jace somehow manages to look totally chill although I can see he's been squished and must have been uncomfortable. I get up and decide to go get some more ice. I like munching on ice. I brush my teeth real quick and grab the little container for the ice. I step out and walk down to the opposite end of the hall. I get my ice and pop an ice cube in my mouth as I head back to my room. Thomas just so happens to be leaving when I'm returning.

"Riele." Thomas smiles at me.

"Don't, Jace told me what you said." I say to him. 

"I'm sorry, that was wrong. You are nothing like her and our situations were totally different. I fell for her trap but I won't make that mistake again." Thomas says. I roll my eyes.

"You already did dumbass." I say and Thomas grabs my arm.

"I lost my girlfriend and best friend ?" He asks me and I nod. 

"Don't forget you lost a brother too." I say and snatch my arm out of his grasp. At that exact moment is when I remember I didn't grab a room key. Dammit, nice going. 

"Did you forget -"

"Yes, continue on with your day." I spit, cutting him off.

"Riele please. I'm seriously sorry." Thomas says and I notice something different. I look at him to see he's crying. When did he start crying ?

"Take your tears elsewhere." I say to him and he sighs. 

"You're my best friend. I love you." Thomas says his voice cracking at the end. He pulls me into a hug and cries on my shoulder. I really do hate this guy. I just sigh and use my free hand to rub his back.

"Alright, alright. Stop your crying. I forgive you, but I can't promise Jace will." I say and Thomas continues crying. He stops and pulls away. He wipes his eyes and sniffles.

"I'm not stopping until he does. I screwed up big time with all of you and I just got caught up in seeing Cree again that I forgot what she did to me." He admits. 

"Let's go inside." I tell him and that's when I realize he's got a cut on his eyebrow, his lip is busted and there's a small cut on his cheek.

"Wow, Jace wasn't lying when he said he punched you." I comment and Thomas chuckles then unlocks the door. I follow him inside to see his room is exactly like ours, cool. 

"Yeah he did, he made me feel like I couldn't fight but I was the one who did wrestling and shit." Thomas says. This time I chuckle.

"He plays football and he's one of the slimmer guys on the team, he's an underdog and should not be underestimated." I say proudly.

"Duly noted, sometimes I forget you're not the same age as me." Thomas says and I just glare at him.

"Can I ask you a question?" Thomas asks. 

"Shoot." I tell him as I pop another piece of ice into my mouth.

"How did you meet Jace?" 

"Easy, he was my babysitter." 

-------------------------------------------J A C E -------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to see Lizzy hogging up the covers and the bed. I look around to see my baby gone along with the ice bucket. I get up and brush my teeth. I retrieve my phone to see I have messages from Sean and Jack. I text them back letting them know that Riele will be hanging around again. I get a call from Jade and I answer it.