Chapter 3: New Medic

Briar POV

I pulled on a pair of jeans and a nice knit sweater, pulling my hair up into a ponytail and swiping mascara and eyeliner onto my blue eyes. Finally I slipped my feet into my boots and grabbed my keys.

"You're going for the interview thing right?" Sam asked, tossing my skates at me.

"Yes ma'am." I laughed, my heart thudding.

"You got it chick." She smiled, then smacked my ass as I walked out.

"Loser."

"Moral support."

"More like bruise my butt." I laughed.

"Get goin'."

--

Lindy Ruff smiled at me, "The guys are already in the locker room along with our other new medic, this way."

I nodded, rubbing my hands along my jeans and then following him through the door.

"Holy shit." Someone laughed, then I was tossed over a shoulder. "Briar!!!"

I laughed and I held on until I was put down, Braxton had a huge grin on his face and I raised a brow.

"How could I possibly get stuck with you as a partner?" I teased.

"Pure luck." He laughed.

Then I shook my head and faced the rest of the room, "Guys listen up, we have two new medics. Briar Shank and Braxton West." Lindy explained.

I gave a mini wave and leaned on the table behind me Braxton mimicking my actions, "Questions?" Braxton asked.

"Why a girl?" Someone laughed, and I bit my tongue.

"It's ok, speak your mind." Lindy laughed.

"This girl, can probably lift more than you can don't tempt me to show you up with all your buddies around." I snapped, then smiled sweetly.

"Briar be nice." Braxton half whispered.

"Nope, don't feel like it today." I replied.

"Tell us about yourselves I guess." Lindy said.

"B, you go first." Braxton encouraged.

"Alright. I'm Briar, Canadian, I love baseball that's my favourite sport, I play hockey and baseball, I'm a personal trainer, I work out a lot and eat more than I should. You will probably never see me in a dress, I love music and I dance a lot." I laughed. "That's about it."

I scanned the faces, catching Tyler's raised brows and elbowing Braxton.

"Basically the same, I play lots of sports, work out, sleep a lot and I can't skate too well so don't bother asking me for help." He laughed.

"Now are there questions?" I asked.

Braxton pointed and Tyler nodded towards me, "Abs?" I nodded and laughed, "You gotta show us now."

I lifted my sweater and my tank top, a four pack showing on my flat stomach along with the tattoo that curved on my ribs.

"Whoa." The guys laughed.

"Wanna fight?" I asked, holding up my fists.

"Oh no, here she goes." Braxton laughed.

"Bitch please." I smirked. "Okay, I got a question. What are all of your names?"

"Tyler Seguin."

"Jamie Benn."

"Alex Chiasson."

"Dustin Jeffrey."

"Valeri Nichushkin."

"Antoine Roussel."

"Jordie Benn."

"Dan Ellis."

I nodded and then dangled my skates, "Who wants to skate?"

"Let's see how good you are." Jordie taunted.

"Don't push it Benn." I laughed, slipping to the ground to tie my skates. "Braxton, lace up I'll help you."

"I can't believe I'm doing this."

Tyler POV

Briar stepped onto the ice and grabbed Braxton to steady him, "Left then right, glide."

She turned backwards and he tripped, "Dammit." He laughed.

"Yo Briar, race me." I smirked.

"Stay here." She laughed, then skated to the end of the arena, bumping my shoulder. "Ready to be beat."

I shook my head and bumped her back, "As if Shank."

She laughed and Valeri called 'go', we both took off and in seconds she iced the boards, hitting before I did.

"So looks like I won." She smirked.

"Lucky." I taunted.

"Talent." She replied.

"Can you help me get off the ice!?" Braxton yelled.

"Shit." Briar laughed.

--

"How about a huge team dinner?" Alex asked.

"I gotta go home, my friend can't survive by herself and I have a puppy I gotta pick up." Briar said smoothly.

"Stop lying, Samantha is moving in with her boyfriend and your puppy is tomorrow." Braxton said raising a brow.

"Dude, shut the fuck up." Briar stated.

"So you're coming, no arguments." I smirked.

"Actually I'm not." Briar shrugged.

"Even if I asked you and begged you pretty please?" I smirked.

"Did you really just quote Toby Keith!?"

"I guess so." I laughed.

"I guess I have to come than."

"Awesome we get to interrogate you." Valeri smirked.

"Dammit." Briar laughed.

--

Briar walked in after everyone else, her hair in a sudden disarray as she pulled it back again and rolled up her sleeve, then looked at the seat beside me.

"Taken?" She asked.

"Go ahead." I smiled.

She pulled it out and sat, flicking open the menu and seeming to completely zone out until someone kicked her under the table.

"Oww, freaking animals." She mumbled, her knee jerking up to hit her water which cascaded towards her body. "Holy cold!"

"Dammit Briar, this is why you can't have nice things!" The waitress laughed, avoiding her death glare.

"Everyone meet my friend Samantha, do you have an extra shirt?" Briar asked, yanking the sweater over her head.

"Nope, but you could always go shirtless." Samantha laughed.

"I wouldn't argue." Braxton smirked.

"I'll chop your balls off in your sleep." Briar threatened, voice dripping venom.

"Here." I laughed, pulling my sweater over my head and handing it to her.

"You real-"

"Take it or else I'll put it on you myself." I threatened this time.

"Bossy pants." She teased, pulling it over her head while taking her tank top off and handing it to Sam. "Just ditch it." She mumbled.

"It's Dean's." Sam mumbled.

"Then burn it." Briar growled, pushing back from the table. "Excuse me."

"What could I get y'all?" Sam asked.

--

"Favourite colour?" I asked, turning slightly towards Briar.

"Blue." She answered, pushing around her fries.

"Favourite team?"

"That would be unfair to answer." She laughed.

"Favourite player?"

"Still unfair."

"Favourite song?"

"Hard choice but I'm stuck on Bad Girlfriend." Briar laughed, pulling out her phone.

"Give me an earbud." I laughed, and she stuck the other in her ear.

"She's hot, can't stop, up on stage doing shots, tip the man he'll ring the bell. Get her drunk she'll scream like hell." Briar sang, tapping the heels of her boots.

"Dirty girl, getting down, dance with guys from outta town. Grab her ass, acting tough, mess with her." I sang too, tugging on a belt loop for fun.

"She'll fuck you up." Briar smirked.

"Bad Girlfriend, really Briar, you're gonna scare the team away." Sam teased, grabbing plates.

"They'll go running once I start lifting." Briar taunted. "Wanna go to the gun show?"

Sam smacked her in the head with a napkin and Briar started to laugh, "Get over yourself superstar."

"It's really hard to do that when you call me superstar." Briar smirked.

"We all know it's true." Sam laughed, turning to walk away.

"So how about that gun show Sammie?" Briar called after her.

"Hand stand push up, then you can do your gun show all you want." Sam taunted.

Briar took out her headphone, made sure she wouldn't kick anything then went up into a handstand, then lowered herself.

"Dammit I thought you couldn't do it." Sam mumbled.

"I've been practising." Briar smiled.

"Gun shooowwww." Braxton smirked.

"Too tired now." Briar huffed, tossing money on the table and grabbing her phone. "Night."

"Whoa, where are you going?" I asked.

"Home Seguin, goodnight." Briar smirked, finger waving then leaving.

"But you've got my sweater." I groaned, jumping up doing the same as Briar and jogging out the door.

I caught her before she could open the door to her car, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"You've got my sweater." I informed her.

"And you've got me at the moment." She replied, not being able to move away from my body.

"I'm not letting go." I laughed.

"My extra shirt is in the car, you gotta let go."

I rolled my eyes and opened her door, seeing the shirt tossed over her seat, I handed it to her and hooked a finger through a belt loop.

"Close your eyes." She sighed, and I did as told, my sweater tossed over my head. "Open."

I pulled the sweater from my head and she glanced down at my hand, "Gonna let go?"

"I guess so." I laughed.

She opened her door and glanced at me, "Nice tattoos Tyler."

Then she slammed the door, and drove off leaving me standing stupidly with my sweater in my hand.

Dallas was not supposed to be like this, no girls just hockey, but I think Briar was changing my thought process.