Chapter 5: What If

Tyler Seguin
-are you here for practise?

Jordie Benn
-eff off Seguin, Shank can you spot me?

Jamie Benn
-I need help on my checking, help would be nice

Valeri Nichushkin
-babe, I'm hungry make me breakfast

I rolled my eyes as I sat up, typing back a response.

Me
-yeah, might be late. Just do some free weights, I'm not lifting today my back hurts like hell. GET YOUR SHOULDERS INTO IT BENN DAMMIT! And val make your own damn food.

I got a bunch of idiotic responses before I clipped the leash to Charlie and lead her outside, allowing her to do her business I quickly got dressed, grabbed a duffle and headed to the rink, Charlie riding shot gun.

--

I put Charlie down in the middle of the room and Marshal bounded over, his huge body compared to hers sending her sprawling onto her back. The guys laughed as she bared her teeth and growled, then shook her head so her ears flopped.

"That's my girl." I laughed, petting both dogs while sitting to stretch.

"Briar, have you been on insta lately?" Braxton laughed.

"This morning, why?"

"Seems like you have a fan club."

"That's hilarious." I scoffed.

"No joke, have you seen this picture?" He smiled, reaching for the front of my shirt, "I mean, I know you could lift but damn. Plus that sports bra didn't cover much."

"I'll give you five seconds before I kill you." I told him.

"No, look at this before you kill me." He laughed.

I grabbed the phone and spun it, it was Seguin, Benn and I had been lifting, it was the last with the three hundred pound bench press. It wasn't a bad picture, it was actually pretty impressive but still, it showed what I had. I handed the phone back and stood, hauling each guy up by their shirts and lifting them so their feet dangled.

"Which one of you took it?" I asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jordie stated.

"Well ya know....." Tyler trailed off.

"Seguin I'm gonna kill you." I growled, dropping Benn.

"How the hell are you just holding him?" Val laughed.

"You mean like this?" I asked, tossing Tyler a bit so he jerked.

"Holy shit, how much do you lift?" Val laughed.

"300." I stated, then set Seguin back on his feet.

"You gotta admit, it was a good picture." Tyler smirked.

"I should've kept my damn shirt on." I mumbled, pulling an arm behind my back.

"What's your Instagram?" Seguin asked.

"Why?"

"Cause I'm gonna creep you." He stated.

"Please don't." I laughed.

"It's ShankBriar14." Braxton informed him.

"You ass." I shot at Braxton, then whistled really loudly, both dogs snapping to attention. "Let's go for a run Marshal."

"Taking my dog?" Tyler laughed.

"Watch Charlie, she's too small." I replied, patting my leg and taking off with Marshal beside me.