Chapter 8: Dougie

"You're his what!?" Jamie practically yelled.

"Can you shut the fuck up!" I whisper yelled, yanking him back down on the stairs.

"Explain?" Tyler panicked.

"I was stupid, and I got drunk and my boyfriend was an asshole. My brother and the monster couldn't get pregnant, but I did so I gave them Quinn." I whispered. "He doesn't know, I'm his aunt and nothing more, but he's my whole life."

"Why didn't you keep him?" Jordie asked calmly.

"I wasn't exactly the most responsible 18 year old." I mumbled. "I had no idea what I was gonna do with my life, then I tossed myself head first into sports and worked out and figured that's what I should do."

"So you got pregnant, and gave Quinn to your brother and tried to straighten out your life." Tyler said slowly.

I nodded and rubbed my hands down my pajama pants as I stood, "So that's me, and the door is that way." I mumbled, walking back towards the living room.

As I spun someone caught my hand and pulled me back, Tyler's dark eyes glaring into mine.

"I'm not leaving, I'm here for you." He smiled.

I laughed and shook my head, "That's a first."

"We ain't leaving either." The brothers laughed.

"Gotcha." I smirked.

--

I awoke to a silent house, the couch, and air mattress both empty. I kept the blanket wrapped around my body and called out, "Anyone home!?"

The front door swung open and Quinn raced through, two bags clutched in his hands, "Auntie B, we got breakfast!"

"Oh did you?" I laughed.

"I made them get your favouriiittteeee." He sing-songed.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"Two sausage mcmuffins, with orange juice!" The brothers and Seguin replied.

I laughed and ruffled Quinn's sandy hair, "You got it right."

He grabbed my hand and yanked me towards the table, "Sit." Quinn demanded, and I curled my legs under me. "Feet under the table Auntie B." He crossed his arms and I raised a brow, his small hand grabbed my ankle and yanked. I grabbed his waist and tickled his ribs until he was in a heap of laughter. "Auntie B, stopp!"

I cradled him to my chest like a baby, and held my hand daringly above him.

"Now Quinn, what do you say?" I asked.

"Auntie B is the best person in the world and I love her with all my heart!" He exclaimed, bolting behind Jordie as soon as I set him free.

"Jordie help me, tickle monster!" Quinn shrieked.

"Trust me bud, he couldn't save you." I laughed, biting into the McMuffin, patting my lap as he sat obediently.

He bit into his own sandwich and I drained my orange juice and bobbed my legs as he laughed, "Can we go skating?"

"That's all you think about." I commented.

"I wanna be just like you when I grow up." He replied, his green eyes stunning as he looked at me.

"You're more like me than you think." I whispered, slipping from under him and placing him on the chair. "Wanna wear your jersey today?"

--

"I want Tyler to tie my skates!" Quinn exclaimed, tottering away from me as I bent.

"Alright then." I nodded, sitting on the bench and tying my own. "Want your stick?"