Chapter 17: Surprise

The past week and a half was spent glued to my computer, and stacks of paper and many heated conversations. I finally flopped face down on my bed and grabbed my phone, flipping through it quickly.

Tyler Seguin 🙈
-babe wake up!!
-come on, I miss you. wake up so I can love you. 😘
-almost game time, aren't you gonna wish me luck?
-dammit briar wakeeee upppp beautiful.

I shook my head and typed a message back, turning on the TV as I did so. Warm ups hadn't started yet so I sent the message and hoped for a response.

Me
-I wasn't asleep, busy trying to figure out a way for this medic issue... so closeeee. Kick ass babe, love you 😘😍

Tyler Seguin 🙈
-my girl is awake, ok. Love you, wish you were here. 😍

I smiled at the message and screen shot it, getting comfortable as the guys spewed out onto the ice.

--

"Let's go!" I yelled, trying not to spill my food. "Mother fucker." I swore as the Avs scored.

I sat back and stabbed my salad as I watched Matt Duchene's lips move and then Tyler punch him, hard and quick. I flinched as a smirk crossed Matt's lips, only to have one split and bleed.

"Tyler stop." I whispered as the ref tried to haul him off, seconds later he was ejected from the game. "Shit."

--

"Hello?" Tyler said on the other end, the game had ended and the guys had one, with one exception of Seguin not on the ice.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing, Matt was being a dick." Tyler replied, and I rolled my eyes.

"What did he say Tyler?" I asked, playing with Charlie's ears.

"He was just being a dick, I don't wanna talk about it." Tyler snapped and I flinched.

"Yeah, ok." I mumbled.

"See you later." And then he hung up.

--

I pulled the covers over my head and buried deeper under the covers, glaring at my alarm clock that read 2:30. I could hear the front door open, I slipped from bed and grabbed my baseball bat, holding it tightly as I heard footsteps come up the stairs.

"You come any closer and I will hit you so hard I will break your ribs." I threatened.

"Please don't!" Tyler panicked and I dropped the bat, and took a deep breath.

"Dumbass I coulda killed you!" I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck as his wrapped my waist.

"But you didn't." He laughed, the familiar rumble escaping his chest.

I nodded and my eyes started I flutter again, "I'm tired."

Once again the soothing laugh and he tugged me back to the bed, slipping the covers over my body as he climbed in the other side.

"Goodnight babe." I whispered.

--

I peered my eyes open, Tyler's deep breathing the only sound in the room as he pulled the covers tighter around himself, his tattooed arms flexing as his eye lids fluttered. I snapped a picture and then slipped from the bed, putting on a pair of spandex running pants and then a long sleeve before brushing my hair and teeth quickly. Finally I slipped from the room silently.

--

Dougie stood infront of me as I shoved my hair down under neath my pads and jersey.

"Could you tell?" I asked.