Chapter 11: New Job

Tyler POV

My phone rang on the table, and Sam snatched before I could even get up.

"Briar, where are you. It's hell outside." Sam shot out, and Briar's broken voice came through the other end.

"I went for a walk, I'm frozen and drenched. Just give Tyler his phone." Briar replied.

"B." Sam started.

"Not right now ok!" She half yelled. "Shit. I'll just find a different way back to the arena."

I grabbed my phone and pressed it to my ear, "Where are you?"

--

I checked the park quickly and found Briar exactly where she said she was, curled up on a park bench as some jackass sat beside her. Briar's head popped up and her lips moved with words I couldn't hear, then the guy moved closer and she moved away.

I got out of the car and took a few quick strides, catching a few of the words as I got closer.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing by herself?" The guy charmed and I could hear the strain in her voice as she replied.

"I'm waiting for my boyfriend, can you leave me alone?"

"Clearly he's a jackass." The guy laughed.

"Actually he isn't." Briar shot out, her patience wearing thin.

"Why don't you-"

"Briar, babe you ok?" I asked, and she jumped up.

"Can we just leave?" She asked quietly, as the guy pulled her back.

"Tyler Seguin is the dumbass that left you alone?" He scoffed.

Before she could react I had her tucked into my side and was face to face with the other guy.

"How about paws off my girlfriend and go somewhere else?" I growled and Briar put a hand on my waist and pushed me back gently.

"Ty, it's not worth it. Can we just go home?" She asked, pulling my arm when I wouldn't move.

"Listen to your girlfriend Seguin."

"Tyler." Briar warned.

I glared at the guy before lacing my fingers through Briar's and spinning back to the car, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her into my side.

"What am I gonna do?" She asked.

"We are gonna fix it." I assured her and she leaned her back against the car, resting her forehead on my chest.

"Tyler I worked so hard for this."

--

"I've handed my resume into three different places, and technically I'm not supposed to be here." Briar stated, flopping into a chair.

"Where?" Val asked.

"Stars dancer, Stars ice girl, waitress and hockey obsession." Briar mumbled.

"That's four." I laughed.

"The Stars only count once." She shrugged. "But I'm pretty sure I won't get it cause of the giant tattoo down my side."

"You have a tattoo?" I asked.

"Are you blind?" Briar teased.

"Let's see it, duh." Jamie laughed.

She rolled her eyes and pulled her shirt over her head, the blue bra standing out on ran skin.

"Usually I wear a sports bra, that's why you guys haven't seen it." She laughed, lifting her arm and twisting slightly.