Chapter 20: Reunited

Briar POV

"Mom?" I questioned, my heart pounding.

"Briar." She whispered.

I jumped from my seat and tossed my arms around her shoulders, fighting back the tears that threatened to fall as her arms wrapped me too.

"My beautiful baby girl." She whispered, voice thick with emotion as she pushed me back to arms length. "You've gotten so big."

"Its been fifteen years mom, I should have grown and gained weight." I laughed.

"I saw your hat trick! Thatta girl, gotta show the boys who's boss." Mom laughed, shoving my shoulder. "How's your brothers?"

"Tyson had a scholarship for hockey, and Blake has a scholarship for baseball." I nodded.

"And how's Dougie?" Mom asked.

"What do you wanna know about him?" I asked.

"Everything!" Mom laughed.

"He's with the Bruins, he's six five now so he's a giant." I laughed. "He's doing good."

"Have you heard of the Benn brothers?" My mom asked.

I narrowed my eyes and bit back a laugh, "I don't think I know them." I lied. "Do you know who they are?"

Tyler hid a smirk and Jordie turned hiding his face then I heard Jamie choke on something.

"I was assuming you would know." My mom shrugged. "Apparently they are pretty good."

"Meh, I could take em." I laughed. "You really have no clue who they are?"

My mom looked lost and I began to laugh harder.

"Mom, this is the whole Dallas Stars team and their dads." I explained.

"The who?" She blanked.

I put my head in my arms and laughed.

"NHL mom, the team I play for." I nodded.

"And I'm supposed to know who they are?"

"Jamie and Jordie Benn." I stated, tilting my chair back as her face paled.

"Oh, hello. I'm Briars' mom." All of us began to laugh and my mom smacked me, "What's so funny?"

"They caught on." I stammered.

"Who's that one?" Mom asked, pointing at Tyler.

"A stray from the street." Cody informed, leaning on the table.

"Whoa." Mom said, reaching to touch his hair. "That's insane."

"Boom! I thought the same thing!" I exclaimed, tossing my hands up. "And that's Tyler Seguin."

"Has he been on the news. I've seen him I swear." Mom said, glaring at him.

"He won a Stanley Cup." I offered.

"No! He's the party kid that Boston traded because apparently he was very immature. Have you beaten him yet?" Mom blurted. "No offence, you're probably a good kid."

"Why does everyone do this to me?" Tyler asked.

"Bud, your record isn't very good." I shrugged. "And yes, I've kicked his ass."

That earned me a hair ruffle and I glared, "Don't do that."

"I gotta go, you really gotta call me." My mom blurted, grabbing my arm and writing her number on my arm. "I missed you Briar."