Chapter 16: I Want It Back

"Cassidy! Briar!" Tyler yelled as he walked through the door of my house.

"Tyler!" We yelled.

"Benn brothers!" The Benn's yelled and Cassidy and I exchanged raised eyebrows.

"What?" I asked.

"We brought pizzaaaaa." Jordie sang.

"That's why you're my favourite." Cass and I said together, laughing as we grabbed plates.

My phone began to ring and I sang along, grabbing a pop and spinning the plate on my hand.

"Great head on her shoulders, she probably abroad, she transferred to Harvard from King's College in March. She says that I'm her favourite cause she admires the art, Michelangelo with the flow, Picasso with the bars." I sang quietly. "Girl tell me what you feel oh, what your fantasy oh, I see us on a beach down in Mexico. You can put your feet up, be my señorita. We ain't gotta rush, just take it slow. You'll be in the high life, soaking up the sunlight. Anything you want, it's yours."

The four looked at me and I raised a brow, "Hey."

"Can I be you?" Cassidy asked and I choked on my pizza.

"Excuse me?" I coughed.

"You're perfect, honestly. Even the scar in your eye brow." Cassidy commented.

My hand flew up to my eyebrow, feeling the small white scar.

"How did you even see that?" I whispered, feeling self conscious suddenly.

"How'd you get it?"

"I had my eyebrow pierced. Worst mistake ever." I laughed.

"Plus, your voice is amazing." Cassidy smiled.

"Sorry, but you can't have it." I teased. "You're perfect the way you are Cass, I tried way too hard trying to be something I wasn't. I'm happy now, happier than I was before. I can give you pointers, like smile it's your best quality."

I was attacked in a hug and her arms squeezed me tight, "You're amazing." Cass whispered, and I could feel her sniffle.

"Wanna know something?" I asked, and she sat back.

"What?"

I pulled my shirt over my head and then grabbed her hand and trailed her finger tips along my sides.

"Holy shit." She whispered, her brown eyes flashing to my blue ones. "Why?"

"Because I wasn't perfect. I was the outcast, what girl played for the guys baseball team? What girl played for the guys hockey team? What girl would rather wear Nikes than heels?" I laughed. "So yeah, I beat myself up about it then I realized that it didn't matter what other people thought. I tossed the razors, called a few friends and went hunting. That day I told my best friend that I was done being fake, done being someone else, that I could hunt, fish and play like any other guy, and I could look better than anyone else doing it."

Cassidy laughed and pushed my shoulder, "What did he say?"

"He said, that I wouldn't have a Prince Charming, that he was stuck in a tree or in a mud hole somewhere, then the next day my mom told me I better find someone just as competitive as I am." I replied.

"Sounds about right." Cassidy nodded.

I laughed and Charlie jumped onto the couch curling on my lap and resting her head on my shoulder, a whimper escaping Marshal as he tilted his head sideways.

"Come on up." I mumbled, patting what was left of my lap.

"How does my dog like you better than he likes me?" Tyler asked.