12

Chloe's POV.

I looked at our new cafe and sighed in contempt. It has taking part of my savings and my mom's to secure it. It wasn't like our old cafe but we would soon get used to the place.

I'm feeling a little bad because its my fault that we're in this mess. I was still a little shaken by Nicholas outburst and that I had a gun pointed to my temples but I believe I'll be fine with time. "I miss the old place", my mom says to me as she saw me scanning the place. "Yeah". "Mom I'll just go home cus I'm feeling a little tired", I say to my mom and she agrees.

The drive home was effective and before you know it, I pulled in our driveway.  I opened my front door and headed straight to my room. I was about to remove my top, when I felt the front door open and then close. I opened my room door and scanned around but everything was peaceful. "Mom?", I call into the empty halls but hear nothing. I'll have thought my self crazy but a loud crash in the kitchen confirmed I was not. Out of instincts, I walked swiftly to the door.

I was already halfway through through the door when I suddenly felt a heavy object crash into the back of my head. I gasped and tried to run but only stumbled a few steps before I collapsed to the floor. I tried to keep my eyes open but failed, dark spots danced around my eyes and the last thing I heard was the screeching of a tyre.

Nicholas's POV.

I Exited my official and just decided to take a drive around. I missed my brother Isaac because around this time, he would always come to my office and then we'll just go out for sightseeing. The fact that he was murdered only fueled my anger more.

Without thinking, I drove to Chloe's new shop. On getting there I was a little shocked that the cafe was locked and decided to head to her house.

There were two police cars outside and I could see Chloe's mother crying. I looked around but saw no sign of Chloe. I wanted to go to Chloe's mother but stopped my self as I don't know what her reaction to me being there will be like so I decided to call the private investigator.

P.investigator's POV.

"Sure I'll do just that",I say into the receiver and hanged up. I just finished talking to Nicholas's and he sounded worried because of Chloe.

I walked into my basement to check on Chloe and was angry that she was still asleep. Who wouldn't be  with the way I hit her. I'll just have to stall Nicholas until I can give Chloe to my boss.
He seem to have developed an interest in her.

*

*

*

*

*

Hope you enjoy this chapter.