48

Chloe's POV.
I heard a loud thud and jerked awake. I looked around and quietly walked to the kitchen. I picked up a knife and slowly checked around. noticing that every place was secured, I slowly walked up to the front door and slowly opened it, I gasped and the knife dropped to the ground. laying at my feet was Nicholas. I immediately bent down and touched him but gasped as he was burning hot. It took a lot of struggle but I managed to get him to the couch. I quickly walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of cold water and a napkin. I quickly dipped it in the bowl of cold water and placed it on his head. I heard him groan and tried to remove the napkin but I swatted his hand away. Few minutes passed with me trying to get his temperature down but to no avail. After much thought, I removed his shirt and got to working on getting his body temperature down. I heard the front door open and then my mom gasped. She looked between me and him and I sighed. After telling her everything she sighed "you should really rest Chloe. I'd take care of things.", she said and i nodded. After looking at Nicholas one more time. i went back to sleep. exhaustion slowly taking over.

Nicholas's POV.
I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. I was in a Familiar place but couldn't pinpoint from where. I looked around but saw no one. I quickly stood up and grabbed my shirt. After putting it on. I looked around. I don't know what but my mind was dragging me to a particular door so I moved close to it. I was about to open it when I heard a woman's voice. "can I help you", I whipped around and saw the woman from the coffee shop. "oh hi. how did I get here?", i asked her and she smiled " i met you unconscious at my doorstep so I had to help", she said and i smiled. "thank you but I'd be on my way now", I said to the woman and looked at the door again before leaving. I entered my car and sighed. After much thought, I picked up my phone and called My most trusted investigator, Tristan. "I need you to get some information a woman who owns a coffee shop. I'd send you the name of the shop so you can do some digging", I said to him and drove home.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Hey guys. sorry for the short chapter. I'm very busy so I just had to squeeze this through.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

don't forget to

vote.

comment

share

thanks