43

important author's note.

one year later.

Nicholas's POV.
I felt pain all over my body as I struggled to stand up. I groaned when I felt that my body was stiff. "Nicholas! son you're awake, try to move I'll go call the doctor", I heard my mom say and then a door slam. I opened my eyes slowly and had to blink a few times for my eyes to adjust to the light. I looked around and saw that I was in a hospital. The door opened and I saw jasmine fidgeting with a nervous smile on her face . soon two doctors walked through. "Nicholas? how are you feeling?", i took down the hospital mask on my face and had to breathe in Fresh air. "my body feels stiff and I'm in pain ", my voice came out raspy and I was given water to drink. "now Nicholas I'd need you to have a clear mind on what I'm about to tell you what do you remember?", the doctor asked me "my car exploded", I say to him and the other one wrote something on his note book. He went to the door and called my  family inside. "can you recognise this people", he says to me and I nodded. I identified all of them. "you have been in comma for a year now and I'd like to run more tests on you before you can be released", the doctor says to me and I stared at all of them shocked." I'd leave you to rest now and have a nurse bring up your medicine", he says to me and then they all went out. I fell back on the bed and sighed. soon a nurse came in "hi I'm Gemma do you know Chloe?, she came here to look for you", she says to me as she arraigned for my medicine. Chloe?. "who's Chloe's, I don't remember her", I say to her and she looked at me shocked. "forget I said any thing and have your medicine", she says to me and after I've taken it, she left.

Gemma's POV.
he doesn't remember? but how?. those questions kept plaguing me and I had to know the answer so I rushed to my dad office,who's also the doctor treating Nicholas. "dad I have to tell you something", I say to him and then narrated everything to him. "yes that's why I wanted to conduct more tests on him according to his brain test. something has been forgotten by his memories because either it was too painful or awful", my dad said as he showed me the brain scan of Nicholas. I nodded and walked out. I guess I'd have to contact Chloe now but how do I do it?

Chloe's POV.
"have a nice day ", I say to my last customer of the day and sighed. I signed out and headed home. the taxi drive home was pleasant and I was really happy to be going home. my phone beeped and I saw that it was a message from Adam.

Where are you? - A

on my way home, why? - c

you didn't tell me m when you were going and I was worried - A

sorry was in a hurry - c

i reached my destination and had to stop chatting with Adam. I paid the cab driver and exited. I opened the door and walked in. I was about to go up stairs when my phone rang. I looked at the caller Id and saw that it was Gemma. I quickly answer it. "Gemma!, it's been a year how's Nicholas?", i rush out questions. "he's fine. he actually woke up today", she says to me and I felt my shoulder sag in relief,a year long burden gone. "but there's one problem, he doesn't remember you", my heart literally broke "i-i kind of had that fear in t-the back of my mind and now it has c-come through", I say to Gemma practically crying right now "don't loose hope Chloe. I and my father are trying to help him okay?", she say and I replied. "I'd call you back now just don't think about it to much", she says to me and the call ended. o literally dropped to the door and cried my eyes out. i felt hands wrap around my shoulders and sobbed more. "h-he d-doesn't r-remember me mom, all our m- memories g-gone", I say to my mom and cried some more. is this really the end of us? . Nicholas come back to me please.

****************************
for you silent readers I'd really like to hear you thoughts so if it's not to much to ask you can comment :)

heartbreaking chapter :( and poor Chloe.

but on the plus side we got to see Gemma's POV and Nicholas is finally awake after a year and longer chapter :)

Hope you enjoy the chapter

don't forget to

vote

comment

share.