55

four weeks later.

Chloe's POV.
my eyes fluttered open slowly and I saw Nicholas worried face over mine. "You're awake!", I wanted to take but my throat was sore, he must have realised that because he told me to relax and then went outside. He returned shortly with the doctor who checked my vitals and Declared me safe and alright to discharge. Soon I was alone with Nicholas and he smiled softly at me. "water", I managed to croak and he quickly rushed to get  it.
He smiled at me and I smiled back. "I missed yo-", his phone rang and he excused himself to answer it. Few minutes later he came back and looked at me with dread. "look Chloe jasmine has been caught and is facing trail for her attack on you and I but there's something else....", he stated and his face suddenly tuned ashen "Nicholas what's wrong?", i asked him and he looked at me and sighed "she's also facing charges for the murder of your mother, I am so sorry, I was late", he stated and I felt everything around me freeze.

Nicholas's POV.
I held Chloe tightly as she cried her eyes out and felt my eyes also water. few minutes later she stopped and was just staring into space "The trail is today, I have to be there in one hour, you just rest, I'll be back", I stated and I wanted to pull away but she held onto me tightly "I'm coming too", she stated and I was about to protest but the look i saw in those eyes told me she'll not take no for an answer. After getting her discharged and her changing into the clothes I bought for her we were on our way.

The trial took a few hours but in the end jasmine was pronounced innocent by the jury. She looked at me and Chloe and smirked as she was lead away and I just kept a poker face. everything was going according to plan. I looked at Chloe but what scared me was that her face was void if all emotions. "Chloe?", i stated and she looked at me and smiled but it didn't reach her eyes "I'll like to rest now", she stated and I nodded and took her home, planting some bodyguards at the entrance.

I quickly Drove home and saw my men waiting for me "where is she?", i asked and they said the basement. I walked downstairs and saw a quivering Jasmine "did you think you'll get away with murder?", i asked her and she looked at me with tear filled eyes. "you see all this was part of my plan and you'll fell for it like the stupid gullible girl you are" I sated and proceeded to tell her everything

~Flashback~
i walked into the police station and saw my buddy Issac there. "Nicholas? dude it has been a long time what are you doing here?", he asked me and I told him I needed a favour. He accompanied me outside and into my car. "i want you to bribe the judge, make sure jasmine comes out innocent", I say to him and then handed him a suitcase full of money  "make it happen for me and you'll be rewarded", I say to him and he nodded "I'll do so, I owe you my life", he sated and then we shook hands and that was all..

~flashback ends~

"you see I realised that I couldn't just let you go scot free, I want to torture you to the point that you'll wish for death but I won't give you that satisfaction ", I say sinisterly  as I reached for a Bull whip " get ready to scream ", I stated and then proceeded to show her now lethal I could be, the basement filled with her screams which were music to my ears.

One week later.
Chloe's POV.
I put the last item of cloth into my suitcase and sighed. I couldn't stay here anymore After my mother's funeral . it was way too much pain and torture for me. I haven't seen Nicholas for a week now and honestly I don't really want to see him because a part of me think he's also responsible for my mom's death in the sense that if I haven't met him all of this wouldn't have happened. I looked at the letter I wrote and dripped it. I knew it wasn't fair to Nicholas but I had to do this for both of us. I exited and drove to the airport. I looked around just deciding want place to enter so I decided on South Africa, I will build a new life there.

Nicholas's POV.
I drove to Chloe's house hoping she'll be happy to see me. I gave her sometimes hoping she'll come to terms with the whole situation and let me in. I reached her house and reached for the door, surprised that it was opened. I walked further into the room bit stopped when I saw a table in front of me and on it was a letter. I quickly grabbed it thinking she has been kidnapped but my heart hurt as I read it

to Nicholas
I'm sorry for being a coward and not saying this to your face but I know you'll stop me. I've decided to start afresh somewhere new and forget about my past which sadly involves you. A part of me kind of blame myself for meeting you while another blames you for all what has happened. I want to move on and I suggest you do the same. I'm sorry but I can't be with you anymore, I feel so suffocated and just want to break out. until we meet again..i hope

~Chloe

I read the letter and felt my eyes sting. I knew she blamed me but didn't show it and now I've lost the love of my life. After what is felt like an eternity, I snapped out of my shock and sighed "until we meet again.... I pray"

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥
Awwwww sorry for the sad chapter

don't forget to

vote, comment, share.