Part 1

" Dad I'm going out ok ? " I shouted as I walked to the kitchen. I was starving so I pick up two apples and bite one.
"Where are you going ? I'm bringing friends for dinner so I need you at home at 6 o'clock. "
Just what I needed right now, empty conversations and forced smiles "Is it James family?" I quickly asked hoping it was my boy best friend's parents. They used to come over all the time and we got along pretty well.

"No they're new here, they've just moved in. I met them in my trip to hawaii two years ago. "
"Oh right dad I'm be home soon " I blow my dad a kiss and left the kitchen. I live in a small house near the beach in this amazing place called Longshore. I was born here and this is where I feel most comfortable. I had travel a few times but nothing feels like home. I'm lucky enough to live in such a beautiful place surrounded by my family and friends. 

I run to my garage to pick my surfboard and a couple of things I needed and I headed to the beach, taking me exatly 10 minutes to get there. I didn't expected big waves that day I just wanted to have fun. 
" Good morning Jeremy, how are you today ? "
" Same old sweetie and you ? "
" I'm ok, how's Bertie ? When is she coming out of the hospital ? "
Jeremy and his wife Bertie had been taking care of a little bar near the beach since I can recall it. Jeremy loved to tell stories and Bertie baked the best cupcakes in town. They had 2 kids that only came around during summer holidays to show them their grandsons so they basically only had each other. When I was a kid, I always got up really soon to go surfing and my dad, who had to work, trust his only child to them. I grew up around them and they were pretty much little a grandparents for me.
"She's getting better, slowly but surely"
" That's great" the corners of my mouth stretch in a smile "can you give me a mango juice please Jeremy ? "
"Sure "

Jeremy turned his back on me and I stared at the ocean. it was calm and lovely and there were almost no people around. The waves were crushing with a soft roar against the shore and two surfers were out in the lineup. Being a pretty great spot to catch waves, this wasn't usual, most of my friends came as result of spending long afternoons waiting for the next wave. One of guys caught my eye. The waves weren't as big as they can get on good days but he was letting them all pass through. " This should be interesting " I narrowed my eyes and focused on him, his hands were making small circles in the water and his wet, blonde has dripping.
" There you go sweetie, can I get you something else ? "
" No thanks" I took a sip" Do you know who's that guy over there ? "
" I don't know I've never seen him around "
I looked back at him. He turned his board and started paddling, first slowly to let the wave come to him and them faster to keep up with it. With the help of his hands, he managed to rose up to his feet and started sliding to his right. As he attempt to do a cutback, he suddenly fell. I giggled, what a clumsy boy. I took another sip of my drink and placed it back on the counter.
" Look Jeremy I'm going over there.  Can you keep my things please? "
" As always. You can leave them there "
I took off my dress and left there all my belongings except my board, and I walked towards the sea. The boy was coming out of the water and i was feeling confident. I was never the the super outgoing type but when it comes to something i'm so passionate about i have absolutely no fears.
"Nice attempt out there but your foot was way to far in the back" I said while laughing.

He immediatly turned to him with a cheecky side smile "hum hi there. Yeah I know I just started surfing a couple of months ago. " he giggled  "But you try it, I'd love to watch you give it a go" he placed his board on the sand next to him.
" The truth is that the waves are getting worse by the minute, i'm guessing I won't have the chance to show off a good cutback " 
He lifted his arm up his shoulder to stretch it up " It seems to me that you're scared "
" Not at all, I've been surfing for 5 years so I got my tricks " I tried to wink but I was sure it came off as a weird eye twitching.
" Let's hope for a strong swell so you can show what you got up your sleve "
" And maybe even might even teach you something "  I widely smile, crossing my arms in front of my chest, bouncing my feet to the side. I placed my surfboard on my side and took a seat on the sand, and taking my example, he sat by my side.
"Yeah right" shaking off the sand of this hands, he turned his head slighty to the side  "I'm John and you?"
" Jane but you can call me J."
" So J are you from here? "
 I took a bit of sand on my hands and started playing with it " Yes I've been living in long shore since I was born and I love it here.  I live with ..."

"HEY JANE YOUR PHONE THING IS RINGING " I suddenly turned to my back and saw Jeremy holding my phone upside down, with the light flashing " THANK YOU JEREMY "

I got up and grabbed my surfboard

"Is he your grandpa ? "
" No he's just a friend from a longtime. "

I was walking towards the bar and John was following me. I took my phone out of Jeremy's hand and slided my thumb across the screen realizind I had two missed calls from my father. It had only been half hour and he was already calling me. 

" Dad?  What's the matter ? "
" Look J, I need you to come home. I was cooking something especial but I burn the whole thing. "
" Don't worry, I'll be there in ten minutes. "

"Sorry guys in have to go, my dad needs me. Jeremy will you tell Bertie that I miss her and that I'll stop by tomorrow ? " I said as I put my dress back on and packed my things.
" I'll sure do sweetie. See you tomorrow. " I smile at Jeremy and stop right next to John " I guess I'll see you around then?"
I gave him a little smile and started walking "I'm sure we will"

I decided to do this little author's note to welcome all my readers. I hope you like this story, at the begining the chapters  are a little small but keep going on. The first chapters are kind of crapy but it will get better i promise. I've been really working hard on this I hope you enjoy it, please vote and coment. Love you xx