Part 9

I convinced Mira to joy me on my second day of work. A morning call and lot's of persistence paid off when I saw her walking into the bar.

" You own me one J, I'm not supposed to get up this early"

" I love you too babe. Just a second, let me take these costumers" 

Mira sat near the counter while I served a young couple that has just arrived. A few minutes later I was back on my usual sit behind the counter.

" can you please give an orange juice?" Mira asked

"sure", while I was preparing her juice I started talking " something happened with John yesterday"

" Did you kiss? Already?"

I threw an orange peel " No, you idiot" I giggled.

" Made out? MORE THAN THAT?"

"What the hell is wrong with you Mira Smith ? No chill out. There." I placed the juice in front of her " James and John spent their day here surfing. At the end of afternoonI was so exhausted I decided to go for a swim. They got in too and, at some point, James got me and threw me at John. He caught me and put me down after a while. And he whispered: " I got you" "

Mira looked at me " It's doesn't surprise me you two seem to have some kind of weird connection going on. I think he likes you"

" And I think you've been watch too many movies lately. We're friends, that's it"

" Oh yeah? Than tell how did that thing in the sea made you feel ah? Being on his arms?"

It got my heart racing reallyt. I didn't think I liked him but he clearly had some effect on me. It was a puzzling thing. I did enjoy it though and I was sure Mira knew I did but I wouldn't admit it. I wouldn't admit he messed with me so I just replied:

" New costumers ( and life savers ) bye!"

" You can't hide from me Jane Harris" well actually I could. Loads of costumers appeared during the morning so she just sat there doing nothing and laughing at the smallest mistake. Eventually she gave up telling she'd call me later. The day went off with no worries and I got home in a good mood. I cook an excellent new recipe for my dad and I and while I was eating my phone ring with the message tone.

* Heading to the party with your boy, Don't worry I'll take care of him. James*

" HE'S NOT MY BOY CAMPBELL. Have fun xx"

I went to my backyard to the most amazing deck chair I made my dad bought me last where. I usually love to just go there on warm summer nights. I'd pick out my favorite book and go there to have sometime for myself. I was already halfway through my amazing book when the my phone rang.

* yo i'm a white ass nigga"

I laughed so hard. The thing was, when James was terribly drunk he would drunk text the first person on his message box. I had seen this before and once he even texted his mother. Lucky him, I was on the party and prevented him from making any mistakes. It was his worst habit, but also very funny because he is incredibly creative while he's drunk. I guess I'd have to put up with his texts for the rest of the night.

* who's gonna take care of both of you now James? Nice job*

I opened my book again.

"Even though you may not want to her it, I want you to know that you'll always be a part of me. In our time together, you claimed a special place in my heart, on I'll carry with me forever and that no on can ever replace. You're a hero and a gentleman, you're kind and honest and more than that, you're the first man I ever truly loved. And no matter what the future bring, you will always be, and I know that my life is better fot it."

God I love " Dear John" it's one of my favorite books ever. Savannah and John were all those love-at-first-sight thing but in a special way. They made everything they could to make it work, even tried long distance. Their story was of true and pure love. Savannah gave it up for a greater cause and John let her go, even though they both still loved each other. They put others people's happiness in front of their own, it was remarkable.

* i have a beer she'll take me home*

* Don't be stupid James, I'll see you tomorrow*

He texted me right away

* bye babe i'm going to play with that cat over there*

Oh James I could only imagine how you and John were. I set a prayer to God to put some sense in their heads and got to my room.