Part 5

I didn't know who was it on the phone but whoever was would take a glance at my grumpy morning mood at full force.
" Hello ? " I mumbled
" RISE AND SHINE BABE " someone screamed on the other side.
" Hey hit the brakes there. Who is this and what time is it ? "
" J it's Sarah, it's 8:15 in the morning and the waves are perfect. Get up and get your board. "
Right Sarah, one of my best friends. She was the one that I could always count on to surf with. All my friends could stay up in a board but Sarah was on the same level as I.
" oh hi Sarah thank you for waking me up idiot " I heard her giggling on the other side. " I've something planed for today"
I told her everything about John and our schedule.
" oh ok I see. So I'll meet you at the beach then "
" See ya "
I hang up the call and saw a message from Mira.

* Movies tonight at my places. I have popcorns and all. No saying no. Be here at 9:30 p.m. *

I texted her back while making my way to the kitchen.
" Good morning Jane "
" Good morning dad, are you leaving already ? "
He kissed me in the cheek. " Yes I have to go "
"Hey" I took a plastic cup and poured in some coffee that I could only assume he had just made " don't forget your coffee "
" You're an angel. Look there's a few things the the fridge if you want to have lunch at home. Also be careful on the street and make sure you're home in time for dinner "
He closed the door after him. I filled my cup with orange juice and took a few chocolate cookies out of their usual jar and climbed the stairs. I turned on my computer to check on my tumblr. I got lost in the time and I only stopped when I heard a door bell. Oh no, that was not good. I have this terrible habit of getting lost in the web and I was end up getting late for meetings.

" Hi John " I smiled at him
" Hi there, did I came too early ? "
His eyes scan my whole body, starring at my sleeping shirt and shorts.
" hum no. I just lost the track of time but it's fine. I'll be ready in 5 minutes. You can sit on that sofa there and I'll be right back. "
I run to my room and for someone that takes forever to take a shower I was admired that I could do it all in 3 minutes. I picked out a blue navy dress and a pair of vans, washed my teeth and brushed my hair. I was ready.
I went back to the living room " You can leave your board there we'll come to pick it up later "
I was suprised with myself, i'm not the one to trust right away, after all he was a stranger until the previous day. I think being a son of my dad's friends made him more trustworthy. I run to the kitchen to pick a few home made cookies and told John we were leaving.
After making sure the door was closed we started walking to the hospital.
" So tell me how was it back in Hawaii ? "
I was decided to not let that be an silence walk and made an effort to not talk rubbish.
" It was nice and different from around here. I had a few friends and we lived near the beach. "
" So why did you moved in ? "
" My mom wanted to. She had a very stressful job back there and it was driving her crazy. She had loads of mood swings and we started to think she would have a mental break down. After realising it, she decided to wanted to quit and start from scrath. Your dad offered mine a job and they saw the perfect oportunity to do it. "
" And do you guys like it here ? "
" My dad is thrilled. He loves his new job and he's having a great time. My mom is busy with buying a new house and with all the decoration stuff. So I guess she's happy too "
" And you ? "
" To be honest, I didn't like it at first, I couldn't find anyone to talk to and I missed old life. I left years of my life behind and it was tough at first. But then I learned to like it here. And now you come up. I can come outside and have someone to hang out with. "
" And I'll make sure you'll meet plenty of people. Where are going to school this year? St. Peter's Highschool ? "
" Yes "
" Great. It's the same as mine, you'll have a sick time. "
He looked into my eyes and smiled. I was blushing, I knew it.
" I hope so "
A few more minutes of chat and we arrived.
We took the elevator to the 2nd floor. Bertie's room was the 1st one.
" Hi Bertie "
She slowly turned her head and her eyes lighted up when she saw me .
" Jane, my dear, Jeremy told me you'd be coming, I'm so happy "
" How are you today ? "
" Same as always, old people like me don't get to heel as fast as you teenagers do. Who's that good looking guy near you ? "
" First I probably some cookies, everyone talks about hospital food being rubbish so I figured... " I hand them to her and she gladly took a bite.
" This is John, a friend of mine"
Her eyes shot straight at him " Boyfriend? Finally. You know boy, I have been telling her to find someone but she's a stubborn little girl. And Jane why haven't you talked to me about him? "
I could feel John's laughing on my back
" No Bertie he's just a friend, nothing more " John was losing it behind me so I turned around whispered " Get it together Baker " and he took a deep breath.
" Hi sweetie " that voice was familiar. I turn to hug Jeremy. 
" Hi Jer"
He took a sit on a chair next to Bertie and I decide John and I should leave. " Bertie I'll be back in a few days "
" Bring the nice boy with you " she said with a smile.
" I will"
Just I step out of the room I looked at John, he was still trying to control his laugh and I couldn't understand why was that so funny. I rolled my eyes.
" Come on, don't be upset at me, I couldn't help it " he look at me, with a serious facial expression on.
" oh I not mad " I laughed at him "You're a loser"
" Whatever " he smiled so big it made me smile too.