part 8

I woke up in a bad, kind of depressed mood. Outside the sky was full of grey clouds even though it's was still quite warm.

I got down to the kitchen and took of the shelves everything I needed to bake a chocolate cake. I desperately had to have sugar in my veins. I put it all together and put it on the oven, washed all the dirty dishes and walked to the living room. I turned the tv on, on a random channel and watxhed it while my cake was cooking. After a while, a great delicious smell flow to my living room and I got up. I took 2 big slices of my cake and took them to my room. I picked out a book of the hundreds tidy in few shelves and read for the rest of the day. When the sun was coming down i got down to the porch. I could feel the wood beneath my bare feet. I lean over the handrail I took a deep breath. The air was salty, damp and warm and a feeling of serenity invaded me. I only got back inside when my dad arrived. As I was too lazy to cook, I asked my dad if we could order pizza for dinner and he said yes. He sat on the table placed in the middle of the kitchen.

" Are you looking forward to your senior year ?"  i had been asking myself the same but that question was still unanswer for me.

" I don't know. It's the final year before going away from this, from you dad "

" Don't be silly Jane. Change is a big part of someone's live and you shouldn't fear it. And you still have this last year to enjoy being at home."

* Door bell rings*

" Jane are you waiting on someone?"

"No, not at all" I walked over to my door and saw Jeremy

" Hi Jane, I'm sorry I'm bothering you this late"

" It's ok Jeremy come on in"

He walked toward the living room

" Goodnight Mr. Harris I'm sorry I stopped by this late but I really neede to talk to your daughter "

" Mr. Carter it's fine. Please take a sit" my dad pointed at an empty armchair

" Jane dear, you know Bertie got her surgery last week and that she's on recovery process. They send her home but she won't be able to do much so I need to stay at home with her. The problem is I can't close the bar so I was wondering if you'd take a little job ?"

" Sure Jeremy, anything you need "

" It's not for too long, just for a week. ou know how to deal with it right ?"

" Even if I don't I learned with the experience. "

"I knew I could count on you. Thank you so much. I'll stop by whenever I can. Also you should open the bar at 9 a.m. and close it around 6 p.m. "

I walked him out " Don't worry Jeremy I got it. Tell Bertie I hope she'll be back in the bar soon"

As I shut the door my dad said :

" Now you have something to keep you occupied on this last days of your holidays "

" Yeah and to kick me out of my bed way too soon. I'm going to bed now ok ? Goodnight daddy"

I climbed the stairs and locked myself  in my room. Even though now I wouldn't be able to surf and meet my friends whenever I wanted to, I was doing a favour to two of my oldest friends, and they totally deserve my help.

I wook up the following morning feeling like a zombie. I put on the first clothes that I saw and got down to the kitchen. I made some coffee and poured it into the biggest cup I had. I took an apple from the fruit basket left the confort of my house.

I opened up the bar and stood there, waiting for some costumers to come along. In the meanwhile I cleaned the stop to perfection.

" Hello babe"