Part 10

I woke up in a good mood. The sun was shining outside and I was feelingt all warmed up inside. I reached for my phone that rested my on my nightstand.

* i'm a penguin on a jacuzzi *

* oh oh*

* how does the penguin sounds like ?*

* my bed's cold*

I laugh. The last message was sent at 4:30 a.m and I was pretty sure James was having a massive hangover. I couldn't call him now but I made a mental note to call him later, on my lunch break. I got up, put on my favorite bikini and a dress and got downstairs to have something to eat befre leaving to the bar. When I finally got there it was already opened. 

" Hi sweetie" Jeremy appeared on the door. I smiled at him.

" Hi Jer, how are you?"

" I'm fine thank you. I thought I'd stop by to check on you. How are you dealing with all of this?"

" The first day was nuts but now I'm used to it even though this is much more work than what I thought."

" Oh right them today I'm here to give you a hand. I just left Bertie at the hospital, it's a exams day."

" Great" I started by cleaning the place while Jeremy went to the market to get some fresh fruit. With him helping me all morning was so much easy. He taught me a few tricks to deal with the clients and to get things done more efficiently. When my lunch break arrived I remembered I had to call James. Fortunaly I didn't have to because I saw him parking on the beach park. As he got out of his car I noticed he looked terrible. His brow hair has all messy and he had black sunglasses covering almost his all face. 

" Hi Campbell" I upper my voice tone a little bit more to piss him off  " How was your night?"

" Cut the jokes J, I have a massive headache and I know I drunk texted you"

" Ok sorry" I giggled " Come, I'll get you a water or something, what do you want?"

" A coffee right now would be nice"

He headed to an empty table while I went to get his coffee.

" Jeremy can you put up with this for a few minutes? I really need to talk to a friend of mine."

" Sure go ahead."

With James cup of coffee on my hand, I walked towards his table and join him.

" I just stopped by because I knew you'd like to know how it went"

"Of course, spit it out"

" So we went to this huge party at my friend Tierry's place, alcohol and people everywhere. And your Johnny boy did pretty well"

" I'm not going to mention his not my boy" I rolled my eyes 

" Anyway the point his you don't have to worry about him, the kid is great at making friends and the ladys like him" he gave me a smirk " We meet a nice group of girls right on the begining"

" You made out with one of them didn't you?"

" Three actually. "

" And him?"

" None, after a while he left to get us drinks and he didn't come back. I found him after a while with a group of lads playing beer pong. I stood arround and joined them."

" That's why you sent me those texts. You were absolutely wasted"

" Yeah I suck at those games and end up drinking the all time. John, on the otherside, managed to keep himself sober and he got us back home"