part 22

I opened my house door with a big grin on my face
"Jane, come here please"
Oh no, I had plans with dad and I tottaly forgot about those, damn it.
"Oh I'm so sorry dad, I knew I ask you.."
He cut me off "What the hell is going throug that head of yours? Why did you skip a hole morning of classes? "
"Dad I can explain that" I took a chair and sat down, feeling as guilty as it gets
"There are no explanations what so ever"
"But"
"No buts Jane this is serious, the first week of classes is not even finished and you're already skipping classes?"
"Dad, hear me out"
"I'm not going to do that. Since you have no respect for the education I work so hard to give you I'm not going to give you the oportunity to explain anything. And you're grounded Miss"
"That's not even fair, I'm old enough to talk things through, I'm not some kid"
"You're are a kid because you don't know how to handle responsibilities so no going out for a month"
"What does that mean?"
He massaged his temper with his fingers "From now on you're only allowed to get of the house for school. No dates, no friends around, no surf"
"No surf?" anger build up in my voice as I got up from my chair "Are you kidding me? You can't take that way from me"
"Oh I can and I will"
"You're being unfair, you don't care about what problems did I gone through, you only care about the stupid school"
"School is not stupid"
"Whatever, I'm not going to stop surfing"
"For month you are"
"Wanna bet?"
"Don't be rude Jane Harris I can do worst than that"
"No you can't. You don't understand my love for surfing, whenever I'm sad or happy, or need to take sometime to think I go out there in the swell and you're taking what I love the most away from me. But you wouldn't get, would you? The only thing you care about is work and more work" and with that I turned my back on my father, deeply hurt with that punishment. I heard him calling my name but I  kept on walking towards my room. I slammed the door shut and locked it. The memories of the amazing day I just had kept appearing infront of my eyes, in a useless attempt to keep me happy

"Let's go to the beach shall we?" Sarah asked and I nodded with a smile "Lead the way"
I let go of John's embrace and brought Mira closer to me
"Right, now tell me the all story"
Her eyes seemed tired while speaking "You know that since the bonfire, Logan and I had been talking. I got to knowing so much better and we even went to the movies one time. He is so sweet J, you have no idea"
"Well you're right about that, to me he''s kind of a jerk"
"But to me he's not. He's always hugging me when we're alone and texting me good morning and goodnight. I feel so happy whenever I'm around him. Until last night when he began to act weird, his texts were different. I decided to not overthink it and just wait until the next morning. When I got the school I saw him like a few metters away and waved him. We looked at each other but he looked bored and quickly turned his back on me to talk to this beautiful, blonde girl next to him"
"What an asshole Mira"
"I know right, what am I supposed to do?"
"Hey girls sorry to interrup but I couldn't help listening to your conversation, can I just say something?" John stared to us both and Mira gave him a weak yes
"Don't let it hit you but if it does, don't show it. If you keep your head high and treat him with indiference, he will want to know why are you resisting to his charm and he'll come after you" he winked at Mira, causing her to smile shyly
"Oh my god GUYS! LOOK AT THAT!" Sarah who was ahead of us staring at the ocean, shreeched like a little girl. The waves were looking pretty good.
"Actually I have a better idea" John lips curled into the biggest smile and his eyes were lighten up with excitement
"What?"

I reach for my phone with teary eyes

*Just had a huge fight with my dad, I'm not feeling so good*

I pressed the send button and noticed I was texting John. Cursing under my breath, I re-wrote the text and send it to Harry, the one guy I really wanted to text. I could feel this burning need to be with him. I decided to change to my pyjamas and get to bed, it wasn't even 8 p.m, but I was feeling mentally exausted. I laid my head on the pillow.