flashback Pt.5

Enemies

Diane's P.O.V
"Hey Margret." I yell, waving at her from the school parking lot.
She looks around for me, when she finds me, she gets up from her spot on the front steps and jogs over to me.
"Hey." She says, linking her arm through mine. She pulls me toward her mom's waiting car.
"Where are we going?" I ask, dragging my feet To slow her down.
"Shopping." She replies as if it were the simplest thing.
"No, " I pull my arm from her grasp and stop where I am.
"Diane, my mom said it's okay." She shrugs her shoulders.
"My mom didnt." I say, starting to get panicy, "and I have a math test today!" Margret laughs at me, and moves to grab my hand again. I pull it away from her, and back away.
"So you don't want to go shopping." She says, crossing her arms, and leaning against her mom's car.
"No." I reply, already walking to the school.
"It wasn't a fucking question Diane." She yells back, louder than necessary. The people who are left outside, most of whom are smoking, turn and look at me.
"What the fuck are you looking at!" I snap at a goth kid sitting on the steps of the school. He drops his cigarette,crushes it with his heavy soled shoes, and rushes in the school.
I can hear Margret's mom pull away.
"Diane, what is your problem?" Margret shrieks from behind me.
I continue walking up the stairs.
"Didn't you want to go get semi dresses?" She sounds upset.
I turn around, almost knocking her off the steps.
"Yeah, after school Margret." She steps down a step, her face red.
"I'm not skipping school to go shopping!" I push down to urge to cry rising in the back of my throat.
She glares at me, her eyes squinted and her face even redder than before.
"When are we going to get a chance to go then?" She urges.
"Ladies, why don't you continue this in my office?" The principal is standing behind me. Her arms crossed over her chest.
I turn around slowly. Dreading Mrs. Bigg's face.
"Oh, Ms. Daine." She looks slightly shocked. I look down at my white converse, I can feel my face getting hot.
"I'm not to surprised about Margret." Mrs.Bigg says, causing Margret to make an upset noise. "But you?" She puts her hand on my shoulder.
"Are you okay?" She asks me, her angry voice, changing into a concerned voice.
Before I can answer Mrs. Bigg's eyes move past my head to where Margret is standing, or, was standing.
"Margret?" The red comes back into her face and she pushes me aside.
"Margret." She calls as she runs as fast as she can in her heals, desperately searching for Margret.
"Diane! Go tell Mrs. Bane to call Margret's parents." Mrs. Bigg calls over her shoulder, nearly tripping on an uneven spot in the pavement.
"Margret, we are calling your parents, so you mine aswell come out."
I turn around and walk into the school. All the remaining students turn and look at me, the tear stained, red faced girl, running through the hall towards the office. I hear multiple people call after me, but their words don't make sense to me.
I slid into the office, my shoes screeching on the illuminum tiles. I'm not sure why I'm over reacting so much, probably a stress reaction. Or the adrenaline of the fight. But I'm overreacting far too much.
The secretary's eyes widen and she jumps up from her desk.
"You need to call Margret French's parents right now." She sits back down and picks up the phone.
"Olivia," she says to the other secretary behind her, "I need the French's number." The older secretary behind her nods her head and scrolls through the computer.
I sit down in a chair by the office doors, and put my head between my legs. A teacher walks by me and pats my shoulder.
"Is everything all right Diane?" I immediately recognize the voice. I shift my eyes up so I'm looking at my English teacher, Mrs.Clark.
"I don't know." I answer honestly. She nods her head and smiles at me.
"You'll work it out Hun, you always do." I smile back at her, and she walks away.
**********
Thanks for reading!!! It honestly makes me so happy to see the numbers going up every week.

I hope you guys like this story! And remember to comment what you think of the story and corrections.